Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:03 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: two more versions of chopin op25/9 butterfly
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:25 pm 

Hi guys,

I thought I better provide another two versions this etude and no more recordings of this etude. -quite.
as an artist and musician, I felt that I can shape three differnt versions of playing on this butterfly etude. This is good thing about the paino society, you can hear THREE different interpretations by the same artist. This is not usually done in a concert or recital.

Chopin provide us his directions on the score, and it up to us how we shape his apple.

I have listened to several WORLD CLASS pianist played this etude(name not be offended), some played LH fairly strong some dnt. With my interpretation(s),
I tried to play 'leggero" as possible and also i have made a stronger character towards the ending....hopefully my audeice wont get bored.
Yes, my hardcore moderator-Chris :lol:

just before the appasionato section, there is a slight rit, so as breath mark for the pharse, I am sure chopin did this to have his hand a slight recovery and ready for the ff section.

I am having a difficult time to choose which is a better version for the site, so you can be the judge,
yes, some minor slips still there.

I hope you like it..... :wink:

Last edited by johnmar78 on Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:52 pm 
Site Admin

Ahhhhh..... two more final versions :roll:

Personally I do not want to compare 3 recordings of the same piece recorded in the same week by the same pianist. But that may just be me. We've been though all this with the Polonaise and the Op.10-1. Just tell me which one needs to go up, then I'll do that and you move on and don't re-submit that piece until it is absolutely perfect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:04 pm 

Chris.....Please I need your "high class of musical taste" :lol: to recommend me which one YOU like. I would like to hear your opnions..please. I am not planning to do any of this etude for life....I am working on something else.... :wink: anyone else??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:13 pm 

This is coming from Mr. Uncertainty-complainer:

I agree that you need to pick the best one and hope that it knocks our socks off. An audtioner to a conservatory does not play the auditioning piece multiple times and then asks the judges which one they liked best. You need to play withour worries. If what you submit is rejected, no big deal, pick up another piece and take a break from the reject work for two weeks or so.

Anyways, I can't distinguish the minute details of a reading error because I do not have absolute pitch or near pitch.....(I'm more like out-of-the-stadium pitch :lol: )

If I were you I'd stay with the first recording of this post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:35 pm 

juufa72 wrote:
This is coming from Mr. Uncertainty-complainer:

Dntworry Jufa,,,,I know which one, but I dnt want to appear biased, so I let you to decide first.

I agree that you need to pick the best one and hope that it knocks our socks off. An audtioner to a conservatory does not play the auditioning piece multiple times and then asks the judges which one they liked best. You need to play withour worries. If what you submit is rejected, no big deal, pick up another piece and take a break from the reject work for two weeks or so.

I want to hear which one is "popular" to the common interest. I am a wierd pianist, so thats why?
nothing to do with the judge...just curious....

Anyways, I can't distinguish the minute details of a reading error because I do not have absolute pitch or near pitch.....(I'm more like out-of-the-stadium pitch :lol: )

One day you will get better.

If I were you I'd stay with the first recording of this post.
Thanks Pal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:48 pm 

I agree with Chris and The Juuf, multiple submissions of the same piece should be limited to a certain number within a certain amount of time.

This is a bit arbitrary but, of repeat submissions, I suggest a limit of three per year? That should suffice for necessary comments to be said and improvements to be made.

I've noticed the recent increase is audition room traffic. If everyone posted multiple versions, there would be quite the log jam!

Efficiency over quantity, S'IL VOUS PLAIT! :lol:

Pete

Post subject: Re: two more versions of chopin op25/9 butterfly
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:51 pm 

johnmar78 wrote:
Hi guys,

I thought I better provide another two versions this etude and no more recordings of this etude. -quite.
as an artist and musician, I felt that I can shape three differnt versions of playing on this butterfly etude. This is good thing about the paino society, you can hear THREE different interpretations by the same artist. This is not usually done in a concert or recital.

Chopin provide us his directions on the score, and it up to us how we shape his apple.

I have listened to several WORLD CLASS pianist played this etude(name not be offended), some played LH fairly strong some dnt. With my interpretation(s),
I tried to play 'leggero" as possible and also i have made a stronger character towards the ending....hopefully my audeice wont get bored.
Yes, my hardcore moderator-Chris :lol:

just before the appasionato section, there is a slight rit, so as breath mark for the pharse, I am sure chopin did this to have his hand a slight recovery and ready for the ff section.

I am having a difficult time to choose which is a better version for the site, so you can be the judge,
yes, some minor slips still there.

I hope you like it..... :wink:

John, pick the best one and I'll listen to it. Which version do YOU think is better? That's the one I want to hear.

Pete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:41 am 
Site Admin

PJF wrote:
I agree with Chris and The Juuf, multiple submissions of the same piece should be limited to a certain number within a certain amount of time.

This is a bit arbitrary but, of repeat submissions, I suggest a limit of three per year? That should suffice for necessary comments to be said and improvements to be made.

Something like that would make pertinent sense, yes.

PJF wrote:
I've noticed the recent increase is audition room traffic. If everyone posted multiple versions, there would be quite the log jam!

That already happens every now and then. We have a hard time keeping up already, and it gets real confusing with all these multiple posts. If someone deperately needs to re-record something I would at least suggest they re-use the same posting, and delete the old attachment.

Apart from that, everybody should be their own judge first of all. My task is only to check if something is good enough or not, and suggest possible improvements. What anybody does with that is their own responsibility.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:05 am 

Quote:
We have a hard time keeping up already

Do you really mean that serious? in wich way?

while composing I've got always an picture in my head 'beethoven'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:34 am 
Site Admin

rachmaninoff wrote:
Quote:
We have a hard time keeping up already

Do you really mean that serious? in wich way?

Of course I mean that seriously - otherwise I would have used a smiley.

It is occasionally a lot of work to evaluate, tag, and upload all the new recordings, and update the site. Especially when the internet connection is slow. It's costing me more evenings of spare time than I like, and it is the same for Robert. This is not to complain but we need everybody to realize that the site does not "run itself", and that we can do without unnecessary overhead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:56 pm 
Site Admin

Yepp this is really the case for both of us and there is a lot of work that we do which you hardly notice. For instance, I tagged all pages on the site (about 500) not long ago with appropriate titles, page description and keywords to make google find us better. No other way than to do that manually which took 1 hour per day on about a week.

Chris is really doing the hard work when it comes to evaluating new submissions and put them up on the site. To do that, you need to rename the piece properly according to our standard, ID3-tag them and upload them to the server. Then go the main page and add the information about the piece, the length, links to the piece and the pianist and then from the pianists page to the genre of the composer. If it is a new composer, a biography needs to be written and possible some text under the specific genre. Chris has also taken a great care checking for bad grammar, all kind of mistakes (usually mine from hasty behaviour) and has scanned a lot of covers for the genres. Finally, we try to find a free sheet to put up along with the recording where Julius has helped a lot.

So, if we do not listen to recordings immediately or take a couple of days off from time to time, please be patient.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:00 pm 
Site Admin

I think that no.2 is the better one so I think that should go up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:44 pm 

thank you every one, and I have deleted these two files to save space. But the one I THINK is the best is the final version II which I have replaced this morning.

No more troubles and thank you for your hardwork Chris and Robert.