Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:44 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: tips fantasie chopin???
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:42 pm 
hello everybody

Do you have any tips to say about learning chopin impromptu fantasie??

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:50 am 

I suppose you are referring to the different rhythms in each hand.

It depends on your current abilities and way of practicing and learning. Some will say to practice the parts separately, others to practice both at the same time. Try both and see what seems more simple for you. It might be preferable to practice a few dozens of bars one hand at a time so to feel how the music "falls architecturally" on the keyboard. But as soon as you begin to find it doable, practice both hands together, since this is the most tricky part of the piece.

Start as slow as needed. Don't forget to use your forearm/arm weight because when you'll play everything at tempo, you'll understand you need endurance, especially when you arrive at the finale. 8)

Another thing : practice other pieces as well (actually as we should all do with any other piece). To play this piece expressively and not just like an agglomeration of notes or some kind of race, it takes time since one needs to keep his/her attention to the nuances and details specified througout the score.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:46 am 
I found that if I didn't think about the semiquavers over triplets, I could do it. The moment I started to think about it I started to mess up!

I found the chord attack method worked very well for this piece. Unfortunately I never had the time to progress much pass the first page
:(