Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:02 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Nazareth: Labirinto
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:07 pm 

Labirinto by Ernesto Nazareth

I hope it's okay. I'm ashamed to admit, but I hate playing in Cb major.

Nazareth: Labirinto

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:41 pm 
Site Admin

Boy you are fast ! And one more in impeccable style and hardly any mistakes. I thought it rather slow to start, but in the 'com impeto' section, that tempo suddenly makes perfect sense. A real full-blooded tango here. The Trio could sound a bit more 'scherzando' as it's marked, but it is nice like this too, and I like your extra notes in the RH chords, Ernie would surely have seconded that.

Great job, and I have put it up already.

BTW I think this is in F flat major, not C flat. Hard to tell with all these flats :)

Post subject: Rabbit ears!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:31 pm 

As usual, Chris, you don't miss a thing ----ALMOST! I relunctantly added the extra notes in the RH chords, because I felt the C Section was a bit repetitious. I usually don't do that to composers, but.... HOWEVER, you missed one minor thing. You didn't seem to notice that my little dog Paco barked in one of the repeats of Section A. I almost stopped and started over, but my microphone is very directional and I didn't think it would come through. WRONG! It did just a little. Heh-heh-heh!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:37 pm 
Site Admin

Haha. If I really had dog's ears as some say I would have heard that. Well there's all sort of funny noises in PS recordings, half the charm isn't it ;-)
What I did notice again is that hissing fizzing sound which seems to grow and shrink with the volume. Still wonder what it is. But it is not really intrusive.

Post subject: Hissing
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:42 pm 

At least I can't hear people hissing when they listen to the piece. I find that if I turn the volume too high I always get a hissing sound.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:17 pm 
Site Admin

That was nice, John. I listened to this as I was getting dressed for the day, and it has put me in a peaceful mood. Well done!

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:27 pm 
Site Admin

techneut wrote:
Haha. If I really had dog's ears as some say I would have heard that. Well there's all sort of funny noises in PS recordings, half the charm isn't it ;-)
What I did notice again is that hissing fizzing sound which seems to grow and shrink with the volume. Still wonder what it is. But it is not really intrusive.

It seems like there is a noise limiter in your recording equipment right? I think the Edirol has that built in and also, I can activate that on my mixer. But that is usually not so audible as in here.

But a very good recording indeed. Not that I have any knowledge of it from before but it sounds like you are in control and play it musically.

Post subject: Hissing
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:38 pm 

Thanks, Robert, for your comments. I record using a decent microphone and a small pre-amp directly into my computer. When I play it back, I don't notice any noise unless I turn the volume too high. Then I also get clipping sometimes. Some people say my recordings have a hissing sound and others say they don't. I don't know anything I can do about it. I'm not willing to spent a lot more money on recording.

Post subject: Re: Hissing
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:40 pm 
Site Admin

John Robson wrote:
Some people say my recordings have a hissing sound and others say they don't. I don't know anything I can do about it. I'm not willing to spent a lot more money on recording.

Well as I'm the only one seems to hear it, you should not worry about it :wink:

Post subject: Only one..
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:56 pm 

Pianolady also heard it. Believe it or not I received an e-mail from a Brazilian lady who thanked me for including Brazilian music on Piano Society. Her name is Eliana and she lives in California. She's not a member of Piano Society, just a listener. Isn't that nice?

So I guess three people heard the hissing. LOL

Post subject: Re: Only one..
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:42 pm 
Site Admin

John Robson wrote:
Pianolady also heard it. Believe it or not I received an e-mail from a Brazilian lady who thanked me for including Brazilian music on Piano Society. Her name is Eliana and she lives in California. She's not a member of Piano Society, just a listener. Isn't that nice?

Very ! I better hurry up now and record some Villa-Lobos....

Post subject: Re: Only one..
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:36 am 

[quote="John Robson"]Pianolady also heard it. Believe it or not I received an e-mail from a Brazilian lady who thanked me for including Brazilian music on Piano Society. Her name is Eliana and she lives in California. She's not a member of Piano Society, just a listener. Isn't that nice?

cool baby..I know her too "eliana"....a music lover.