Chopin Nocturne in C sharp minor Op. posth.

Upload new recordings for evaluation and discussions. Acoustic instruments preferred, although digital is allowed. MIDI or other digitally rendered/manipulated recordings will not be admitted.

Moderators: pianolady, techneut, robert

Chopin Nocturne in C sharp minor Op. posth.

Postby Anonymous » Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:37 pm

I love Chopin's nocturnes...

Site Admin

Postby pianolady » Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:59 pm

This was very well played. I really liked your style and technique. Interpretatively, the only thing was the left hand section seemed a little slow, but that's only an opinion. But too bad about that poor piano. It sounds horrible (like it should be shot) Can you find a better piano to play?
"Simplicity is the highest goal, achievable when you have overcome all difficulties." ~ Frederic Chopin

my videos:
my personal website:

Postby juufa72 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:38 pm

pianolady wrote:It sounds horrible (like it should be shot)

Do you need to borrow one of my guns? Ooooo we can make some home-made napalm too! 8)

On a serious side. Queen of the Mazurka, and Duchess of the Sonatina is right by saying that the piano is bad. I also agree that the LH was lacking a little. But overall your playing is good.

Madam, what makes you think that I play with my hands?

Postby Anonymous » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:39 am

Thank you for your nice comments. Certainly, the LH section can have further improvement...

I could use the piano in the campus when I was an undergraduate. It was not a very good one, but at least better than my own piano. But now, I am doing scientific research in another university where no piano is available. And it's not so reasonable for me to buy a new piano because it's too expensive for me, and more importantly, I've been using it for a long time. It would be a pity to throw it away (although I really want to shoot it when it doesn't produce the desired effects that I can actually do!)

Site Admin

Postby techneut » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:01 am

Very well done technically as well as artistically. Some uncertainties in the start of the middle section, and as a whole it could be still a bit more free and imaginitive. A bit more pronounced dynamics would be good but then you need a better piano and recording ...
You are definitely on the right track. Keep up the good work !
Nothing is always absolutely so -- Sturgeon's law
Chris Breemer

Return to “Audition Room”