Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:09 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Pachelbel and Bach
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:54 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:45 am
Posts: 9479
Location: Netherlands
Two little organ pieces recorded today.

Pachelbel - Fantasia in G minor
Bach - BWV 612 - Orgelb├╝chlein - Wir Christenleut

_________________
Nothing is always absolutely so -- Sturgeon's law
Chris Breemer


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:29 am
Posts: 692
Location: Germany
That Pachelbel fantasia sounds great to me - both from composition as well as from execution.

The "Wir Christenleut" (translated something like "we christ people") seems to be a really difficult piece - and you mastered it very well. The only thing, even with a good headphone, the pedal sounds too weak, and in general it sounds way blurred. You can't change the heavy church reverb, but maybe it sounds a bit slower better, and without mixture not so blurred.

_________________
Olaf Schmidt


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:28 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:45 am
Posts: 9479
Location: Netherlands
MindenBlues wrote:
The "Wir Christenleut" (translated something like "we christ people") seems to be a really difficult piece - and you mastered it very well. The only thing, even with a good headphone, the pedal sounds too weak, and in general it sounds way blurred. You can't change the heavy church reverb, but maybe it sounds a bit slower better, and without mixture not so blurred.

I don't have the mixture on here, and I did not want a heavy and dominating pedal for this piece. The registration is basically the 8+4 foot plus 2ft octave for the manual and 4ft salicet coupled onto the pedal to make it a bit lighter. I also do not find it particularly blurred, but we differ in taste in this respect.

_________________
Nothing is always absolutely so -- Sturgeon's law
Chris Breemer


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:29 am
Posts: 692
Location: Germany
techneut wrote:
I don't have the mixture on here, and I did not want a heavy and dominating pedal for this piece. The registration is basically the 8+4 foot plus 2ft octave for the manual and 4ft salicet coupled onto the pedal to make it a bit lighter.


Oh, no mixture - I am getting deaf to not recognize that. :oops:
Probably I am sitting too often on the organ with principal pipes almost directly in front of the ears, that can't be without consequences...

Maybe with a subwoofer the pedal could be recognized better, instead with headphones. To me the cantus firmus comes out very well, but the other manual and pedal voices are covered much. Seems to be not avoidable, unfortunately.

_________________
Olaf Schmidt


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:27 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:27 pm
Posts: 1841
Location: Sweden
Wir Christenleut sounds a bit difficult but you seem to handle it very well and I could not hear any mistakes. Lovely piece of music!

I have limit experience with Pachelbel but from what I can hear, you play it very good.

...one day, I might step up to the organ but I need to postpone that at least 5 years. The time just does not exist for me at this point.

_________________
Pianist profile of Robert


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:41 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:45 am
Posts: 9479
Location: Netherlands
robert wrote:
Wir Christenleut sounds a bit difficult but you seem to handle it very well and I could not hear any mistakes. Lovely piece of music!

Yes, some wonderful harmonies in here. It is not easy, but not overly difficult either once you get used to it. There's some very minor slips but I am frustrated about by the two audible splices - I could not get it right in one take and had to cut out some false starts.

robert wrote:
I have limit experience with Pachelbel but from what I can hear, you play it very good.

This is one of my one-session jobs... Came out not too bad :D But then, this is very simple stuff compared to any of Bach.

robert wrote:
...one day, I might step up to the organ but I need to postpone that at least 5 years. The time just does not exist for me at this point.

At least you seem to have been truly bitten by the organ bug, and that is good. You'll do it yet. I have wanted to do this for many years too, before I got around to it. Not that there is ever enough time....

_________________
Nothing is always absolutely so -- Sturgeon's law
Chris Breemer


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group