Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:50 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: chopin polonaise op53
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:11 pm 

Hi guys,

I could not wait and did a few trials last week and last night- over 2 takes since I have not played for 1 day. My hands feels itchy..

These days, I use op53 as a warm up exercise and turned into an etude2X.

The fastest play is simply done by my own technical ego I did it with 90% of my full speed., to see whats like at Godowski's inspiration.

The version 8 is done with lower recording volume down from 13 to 10/30. Why I did this? Is because, in current recording volume, I get a sligt"shake" or reduction in FF" sound. I think the recorder turns its volume automatically when it gets too loud. So, beaware that you need to turn up your speakers for version8 playing. The good thing is, you can hear the full FF sound when I played with out much distorsion--its my grand piano sound.-closed lid.

Version 9, is the standard recording just like ALL my other recordings.
tell me what you think?
I hope you all like it...

thanks

Last edited by johnmar78 on Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:17 pm 
Site Admin

Wow, John. This is better than before. I listened to the version 9 and started to listen to the others but spilled my coffee and wasn't paying attention as I ran for towels.

Anyway, there are a lot of good things, here. Your uphill runs are fast and accurate (except for the one by the end) and the LH octave section was very good. The 'pretty' section sounded a little dry and could use a little more pedal and a more up and down wave feeling to it. If you could get those opening chords nailed down, this would be a good production. Overall, well done!

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:42 pm 
Site Admin

I agree that this is really a lot better and I liked version 9 best even though there is an obvious mistake in the beginning. No.8 is better at the start but the end was not that convincing. The fastest is up to recommended tempo but here you get into a lot more problems so I prefer one of the slower ones.

Well done!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:09 am 

robert wrote:
I agree that this is really a lot better and I liked version 9 best even though there is an obvious mistake in the beginning. No.8 is better at the start but the end was not that convincing. The fastest is up to recommended tempo but here you get into a lot more problems so I prefer one of the slower ones.

Well done!

thanks to you both. V 8 is my recording trials and obviously its pretty XXXX , no more low settings.
Fast play is just to test my technical skills but no musical at all..

V9 is my normal goals....as music is a life time progress....it will get better and better but the problem is where to stop...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:05 pm 

Just listened to V9. I agree with previous posters, it gets better and better. On the technical side - you have fast fingers, the runs and trills are fast. You also play sensitive.
I did not play this Polonaise nor checked I the score. But there were here and there some strange sounding notes, beside the slips. If I were you I would not treat this piece as a technical exercice for warm-up. If you do so it will sound accordingly. Why not slow down, really down, and follow with score to remove the last trouble spots (they are not so many). In order to present here V10: the FINAL version for the site!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:35 pm 
Site Admin

Listened to the v9. There are many things that have improved, and many things that are good. But there are many more things that are not so good, especially where you do not observe rhythm or simply do not play all the notes. Yes the octave scales are pretty cool but that is not all what this piece is about. You should for example work more on these chromatic runs at the beginning.

The tempo is ok, it definitely does not need to any faster than this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:52 pm 

thanks every one. I am still working on improvment day by day. Olaf Yes, slow playing -of course

I will improve on openning bars (3 thirds) which I already did last night. But now I take a short break and work on others.... . To be honest, I did V10 and V11 last night. But still not happy.

See you guys next round. :wink: