Post subject: We are in a movie!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:41 pm 

http://www.vimeo.com/simonestoll/meer

Check the credits at the end!

Joachim

Post subject: Re: We are in a movie!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:31 am 
Site Admin

That's real neat, Joachim! :) And again, another reason why we are very picky about the recordings we accept and place on the main site. They certainly turn up in a myriad of places!
If you are responsible for crediting Piano Society, then Thank you! :)

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:03 am 

Excellent, Joachim! I very much like this film and your recording is wonderful.

Recordings from Piano Society really turn up all over the web (and beyond). By accident, I found my recording of Wagner's "Albumblatt" together with these charming pictures on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgXxi0oGgxQ

:shock:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:00 am 

Congratulations, that's excellent!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:44 pm 
Site Admin

Daniel Hoehr wrote:
together with these charming pictures
Oh yes, those are charming pictures. :lol:

Many PS recordings are in places we don't even know about. Over the years people have asked me permission to use a certain recording of mine for this project or that project, but there are probably more people that 'do not' ask permission. I have to admit, it is a little fun when I find a recording of mine somewhere that I didn't know about. Unless the person who took the recording claims that they are the one playing the piano. :x

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:03 pm 

Daniel Hoehr wrote:
Recordings from Piano Society really turn up all over the web (and beyond). By accident, I found my recording of Wagner's "Albumblatt" together with these charming pictures on YouTube:

A very good and expressive recording but I don't get the YT clip at all, nor the connection with the music. Probably I'm just stupid. Also I don't speak Italian so cannot read the comments. Is there a point being made here?

pianolady wrote:
I have to admit, it is a little fun when I find a recording of mine somewhere that I didn't know about. Unless the person who took the recording claims that they are the one playing the piano.

I didn't quite realise that PS also fulfils a free for all function in this respect, but I kind of like it! Since we shamelessly put up copyrighted works without asking permission we cannot really be too grumpy when someone returns the favour.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:23 pm 

troglodyte wrote:
Daniel Hoehr wrote:

A very good and expressive recording but I don't get the YT clip at all, nor the connection with the music. Probably I'm just stupid. Also I don't speak Italian so cannot read the comments. Is there a point being made here?

Thanks. Some years ago I was looking for a recording of Wagner's "Albumblatt" because I wanted to hear it played by someone else to compare tempi, dynamics, etc. I went on YouTube and found that video. I was listening to it and thought: "Wow, this is not too terribly different from the way I play it." As the piece went on, I was astonished that the recording was so similar to mine. Seriously, it took me a while to figure out that is WAS mine. So I sent the lovely people who had put it up an email telling them I was very honoured that they had chosen my recording for their video (or slide show, really) but I would appreciate being credited. They wrote me back, apologised and eventually added the credits to the information about the video.

This slide show was made by a group of people who collect pictures of the Naples area. They have a website where they publish articles about the history of the Naples region, inform their readers about their events etc. Apparently, Herr Hitler went to visit his chum Mussolini in Naples back in 1938 to have a decent pizza and the video shows pictures taken during Hitler's visit to Naples. And, of course, they thought that the ideal music to accompany pictures of swastikas must be Wagner.... :roll:

I find it a bit tasteless, really... The video that uses Joachim's recording, however, is really good. Makes one want to go on holiday.....