Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:39 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Brahms 117/1, 39/15 and Schumann 'Humming song' - Hello PS!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:57 am 

Following mikel's and pianolady's beautiful Brahms intermezzi, I'd like to say hello to Piano Society with three little pieces that are very close to my heart. The recordings were made on a digital, but I think/hope the sound of it doesn't feel too cold or technical.

My name is Tobias, and I'm a student from Germany. I had to stop taking lessons when I started studying but I look forward to resuming them in May when I start a job. And at last I'll be able to take a loan from bank & family to get a nice acoustic grand! I've been reading silently here for a while and I think the guys running this site can be proud of having created such a friendly place for piano enthusiasts. I appreciate any comments and criticism, and no "diplomacy" is necessary :)

Schumann - Op.68, Album für die Jugend
Brahms - Op.117 no.1, Intermezzi
Brahms - Op.39, Waltz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:12 pm 
Site Admin

Great recordings as well and they are all up on the site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:43 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Tobias.
Very nice recordings. And the piano sounds really good to me - best digital piano I have heard. What brand is it?

Your Brahms piece was so beautiful. It is hard to believe, but I have never played that one. I don't know why, except I probably just pass by it on my way to Chopin. But now I will take a look at it.

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:55 pm 

Thanks, pianolady! You should go for the Brahms waltz, too, if you've never played it -- it's great fun. I know few other pieces where you can play around so much with rubato and dynamics in so little space. About the piano, it's a geeky setup: The keyboard is connected via Midi to my computer and the sound is produced there by a program called 'Steinberg's Grand'. This works in real time, so for me it's just like it was the original keyboard sound, only that this one is much better. But it's all only a compromise and I look forward to a real piano soon! Btw, the Mozart I posted was recorded on a real Steinway grand.