Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:59 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Schubert, Hungarian Melody D. 817
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:33 pm 

Hi,

Here is a version with a revised coda.

Didier

Schubert - Hungarian Melody in B minor, D817

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:04 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Didier,

Ok, it's a little better now. I've replaced the file on the main site with this one.

Looking back on this thread, I wonder how many times and how many minutes (hours?) I've spent working with you on this....

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:10 pm 

Hi Monica,

thank you so much for your help and your time !

Didier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:45 am 
Site Admin

I've lost track of the many versions and revisions of this piece. I'm sure what we have now is far better than when you started, but to my rhythm-conscious ears it's still rather a cakewalk. I don't think this has to do with technical limits, more with a lack of formal training. Can't you really get some lessons from a good teacher to work on this particular topic ? One other possibility is to try find someone else to play ensemble with (any instrument will do). A great way learn to to keep your tempo and rhythm in check.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:46 am 

Hi Didier,
that's really the best version until now and the rhythmical things are nearly o.k. now from my view, just a little bit unprecise here and there. But in bar 21 and 69 and parallele places on the last beats the two first thirds are wrong concerning the melody. The thirty second runs should also be overworked, they should come out clearer and more precise.
Apart from that a very nice and musical version with a splendid sound quality as we are used from you.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:19 pm 

Hi Andreas,

thank you much me for re-ensuring me that my recording is rhythmically not that bad ! :D

The two first thirds on the second beat of the bars 20 and 22 are E sharp + G sharp and G sharp + B.
The two first thirds on the second beat of the bars 68 and 70 are A sharp + C sharp and C sharp + E.
I agree that the higher notes of the second thirds (B and E) should be clearer (or better tuned ? My piano may have suffered from the hot and wet weather). I could have made these notes come out better if I would not have been focused on making Monica hear the lower ones because oh her initial comment. :wink:
However I think that I played the right notes. :?:

Could you precise what you call the thirty second runs ?
(At t = 30 s, it is the beginning of a section pp at bar 19. There is no run here.)

Didier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:29 am 

Hi Didier,

Quote:
The two first thirds on the second beat of the bars 20 and 22 are E sharp + G sharp and G sharp + B.

That´s right, so it is in my score, too. But it sounds as you would play the third e sharp + g sharp two times. Yes, the higher note of the second third (g sharp + b) should be much more audible, because that´s the main melody.
With the parallele place in bar 68 + 70 it´s exact the same problem.

Quote:
My piano may have suffered from the hot and wet weather)

Yes, one hears that a little bit (if I compare with your older version), but it doesn´t matter. I think we all have to fight with that problems these summer days.

Quote:
Could you precise what you call the thirty second runs ?

For example in bar 18 (counted back from the end, sorry I have no bar numbers in my score). Thirty second run in german is Zweiunddreißigstel-Lauf.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6