Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:47 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Re: Andreas Pfaul, Sonata d-minor, 2.-4. movement
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:08 am 

Techneut wrote:
Quote:
Never mind the Composer tag, we do not use it (yet).

I think, if you will introduce the composer tag in future all people, who use the windows 7 music library will have a problem, because they can´t edit it. :twisted:

Quote:
Nope, we are done with the towel. I have a bag of cement ready for the next round. :P

Well, may be that´s a bit better than tar and plumes and it´s more adequate to modern civilisation (compared with the good old Wild West). :lol:

Quote:
But no need to worry, they are fine now. Practice makes perfect... I always knew you could do it :D

Thanks for the lessons (and the work you had with it).

Quote:
(had a bit too much wine to do that right now).

There is nothing like a good glass of Lambrusco (and a glass of 43 liqeur, which I have bought today for my guests from Bergisch-Gladbach we have met in Workum). :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:27 pm 
Site Admin

Ok, at last this sonata is on the site.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:31 pm 

Techneut wrote:
Quote:
Ok, at last this sonata is on the site.

Thank you very much, Chris! :D Would it be possible to create a link with my name to my two pieces (twelfe tone etude, sonata d-minor) from the composers category like you did for Franz? I would be very glad about that.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:22 pm 
Site Admin

musicusblau wrote:
Thank you very much, Chris! :D Would it be possible to create a link with my name to my two pieces (twelfe tone etude, sonata d-minor) from the composers category like you did for Franz? I would be very glad about that.

Not having been very active recently, I have a bit of trouble remembering how this all hangs together on the site. Composing performers are a complication... I still need to move your twelve-tone etude from _Various to a different page (Pfaul - Miscellaneous ? ) but apart from that I don't see what more there is to do.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:50 am 

Chris,

I think Andreas means that he would like to have a page like Mr. Streuff on the site (next to all the other big composers). Andreas, if I am wrong, please correct me.

Andreas,

There was a topic posted about this in the Announcements forum:

http://pianosociety.com/new/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4974

Though I personally see your pieces much more tasteful in the "classical sense" than For ex. Carter Pann or Till Meyn, but I would point out that others of great composing skills are all together in the pianist/composer tab (with the exception of me :wink: ), and that in some ways we are "featured," in that we are at the top of the directory, just above Albeniz :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:14 am 
Site Admin

pianoman342 wrote:
I think Andreas means that he would like to have a page like Mr. Streuff on the site (next to all the other big composers). Andreas, if I am wrong, please correct me.

Mr. Streuff doesn't have a page next to the other big composers. He is in the separate "Member composers" page, as are Andreas and yourself. Is this ideal ? I don't know. Again the question for me is, what makes someone a composer ? Many people try their hand at composing at some stage. Am I a carpenter just because I do some construction work now and then ? And furthermore, what makes one a "member" ? There's a guy in that list who is definitely not a member (Schutz) and another who is the father of a member (Froschhammer). This topic tends to give me a headache just like trying to categorize transcriptions. We can never do it right. I dearly wish we had a site WITHOUT pages, just recordings listed, with a good search facility and a real good embedded player. It would not be better per se, but far less hassle and maintenance.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:05 am 

Hi Chris and Riley,
I didn´t notice that difference of non member composers and member composers on the main page. I always thought, Franz had a link on the composers page like Bach, Beethoven etc. and I think, it was like this, but has been changed after your decision to distinguish between member composers and non member composers. Of course, I don´t want be an exception and I don´t acclaim a link in the non member composers section.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:27 pm 

Hello Andreas,
I am coming quite late after the battle, but this morning I had the chance to listen your whole sonata during my breakfast. Hence it was a very good start for this day ! This music is very fresh, and well written, especially for a teenager. Of course, we can hear similarities with Scarlatti, Haydn, Mozart and maybe some early Beethoven; apparently you were quite fond of XVIIIth century music at this time. I have also listened your 12-tone study, which displays a much more modern inspiration. Whatever the style, you have a really nice talent as a composer. I guess you should lack time to compose, having a job and trying to remain a good pianist. This is also my case, and I am just waiting for my retirement to develop this ability. Is it the same for you ? Or do you still compose from time to time ? In this case, you should post us more music from yourself. What about improvisation ? A good pianist/composer can only be a good improviser, can't he ?
Regards,

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:41 pm 

Dear Francois,
thank you for taking time to listen to my little pieces and to comment. :D
Yes, mainly it´s a problem of time, but somehow I don´t feel inspirated to compose since many years. I love to improvise and in former times I did it much more than nowadays. But nearly all my compositions come from improvisation. So I agree, that a good composer should also be a good improvisator.
Nice to hear you also would like to compose. I would like to encourage you. I personally don´t know, if I will do it again. May be, if I´m retired, who knows...
Thank you for your encouraging words! :)

All the best
Andreas

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:31 am 

Hi Andreas,

I recall when you posted only two movements, so it's nice to hear the complete sonata now. I liked it very much. I believe it's remarkable that you were able to compose this at age 13! And your playing of the work is equally outstanding.

David

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:21 pm 

Rachfan wrote:

Quote:
I recall when you posted only two movements, so it's nice to hear the complete sonata now. I liked it very much. I believe it's remarkable that you were able to compose this at age 13! And your playing of the work is equally outstanding.

Thank you very much, David, for listening and your encouraging words! It means a lot to me. :D
(Tomorrow I will listen to your new submission, looking forward to it! :) )