Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:55 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Re: Andreas Pfaul: "Sonata in D Minor" for piano
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:50 am 

Andreas,

I look forward to hearing your version of your Sonata in D minor. I wonder, will you use your original manuscript, or the rewritten score? Thanks for your kind offer to play my piece. I also look forward to your rendition of it. As with Stalemate, please change whatever you don't like :) And it is a high compliment that you say the section of the piece at m. 29 is in the style of your teacher. Maybe I was subconsciously influenced by some of his pieces I've listened to on this site :!: :o :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:36 am 

Quote:
If someone new came along posting something with hiss and noises like this, we would surely refuse it no matter how well played it was. Now this happens to be a collaboration between yourself and Riley, but that should not really make any difference should it !? I am sure a recording can be produced that is satisfactory sonically.

Well, I think it isn't good to play favorites, so I also agree with You and Andreas. Though I'm not self-righteous, don't get that idea..! :lol:

I just probably wouldn't as you say accept some recording by someone dropping in that had either a bad recorder or a piano that was obnoxiously out of tune.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:25 am 

Pianoman342 wrote:
Quote:
I look forward to hearing your version of your Sonata in D minor. I wonder, will you use your original manuscript, or the rewritten score?

Thanks, Riley. I have used my handwritten version, because I´m used to it, and I play it by heart. :wink: (See my new topic, please.)

Quote:
Thanks for your kind offer to play my piece. I also look forward to your rendition of it. As with Stalemate, please change whatever you don't like :) And it is a high compliment that you say the section of the piece at m. 29 is in the style of your teacher. Maybe I was subconsciously influenced by some of his pieces I've listened to on this site :!: :o :)

That´s really great. I´m sure, Franz would felt honoured! :D See my topic of my recording of your "Giacoso", please. :wink: