Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:52 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Burgmuller op100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:13 am 

Hi guys its getting closer to the end of bugmullars etude. The no 25(the last one of this op100 )-La Clavaleseque. meant to be the hardest one that Bugmullers reckons. But you can be the judge.

Chris, this is the one you would like to hear.
For Olaf, I applogies for my nails clicking sound, its my thumb and second finger, the nails are very short already before hurting myself.

Thanks

Burgmüller Etüdes

Last edited by johnmar78 on Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:29 am 

very good very, I don't really like the second... I don't think it is very equal played.

I will mail you soon my friend!

while composing I've got always an picture in my head 'beethoven'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:07 am 
Site Admin

I have never heard or played any of these so I can't comment much on your interpretation.

The Chevaleresque and Pastorale seem ok, if a bit stiff in places. The repeated chords in the Pastorale sound a bit jerky at times.

But the Courant Limpide is not good enough. The triplets are very ill-defined and the result is nowhere near 'limpid' as it should be. I don't think this is a shining example showing kids how to play this repertoire. You should work a bit harder on this one at least.

Bugmuller 8) That particular spelling we had not seen yet :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:53 pm 
Site Admin

The Pastorale is ok, while the Courant is not really and also, I think you do the repeat wrong (at least according to my score). You repeat the A-part twice in the beginning and the B-part none while in my score. it says A-part only once, then B-part twice and then da capo al fine (A-part again).

Also the in the last of the set, the Le Chevalesreque, you do not follow the repeats in the score. The A-part should be repeated as well as the B-part and the C-part but you play it rather good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:11 pm 

yes, i do skip some repeat signs. The reason being.....1) the repeat is only used for private use as you can repeat as many times as possible at your wish. This applies for all other repeat sign in other period work unless the composer has strictly mentioned only once., geneally, we only repeat once. for time reasons??? who knows.
In exam puropse, the australia exam board allowed to skip the repeat sign. Probably due to ??reasons. I think, the aim is to get an idea how this shound sounds like. Riding a horse..click, click. and click played with stacatto////

You could say thats being lazy??

I hope this make sense. You can do more research on historical data, that how many times repeat sign means??/ Is it once ? twice? or more.

By the way, I have deleted the one you dnt like"

Thanks again.

Last edited by johnmar78 on Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:48 pm 

robert wrote:
The Pastorale is ok, while the Courant is not really and also, I think you do the repeat wrong (at least according to my score). You repeat the A-part twice in the beginning and the B-part none while in my score. it says A-part only once, then B-part twice and then da capo al fine (A-part again). My doggy score?

Also the in the last of the set, the Le Chevalesreque, you do not follow the repeats in the score. The A-part should be repeated as well as the B-part and the C-part but you play it rather good.

See my previous reply.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:53 pm 
Site Admin

I think you played the first one very well. I really enjoyed it. The second one is nice but not as musically interesting, but that's not your fault. I agree that the left hand chords were a little "stiff" but it's really okay the way you played and not a reason to re-record.

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:40 pm 
Site Admin

They are up.