Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:18 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Chopin's 24 Études (My interpretation)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:27 am 
-

Last edited by guybacos on Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:47 am 

--

Last edited by synergy543 on Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:48 am 

synergy543 wrote:
And I've been here before if you want to check your internet logs.
That's interesting synergy543. Why does it say that you joined today (January 28, 2012) :?:. BTW to be clear, I am not an administrator. I have no problem with enginered sound, but engineered performance submitted to this community (except for newly composed works being judged as compostitions) is basically fraud. I'm perplexed why anyone would think or support otherwise. There is a real reason why people pause at the mention of the names of the great pianists. I'm not interested in a performance that someone can create or manipulate with computer programs. It's like those pitch-correctors that some singers need to sound better than they can actually sing, or worse, those groups that did nothing but lip-sinc. Why would anyone argue in support of such fraud, especially vehemently or with vitriol? I see now that Guy gave us a big clue (and very subtle disclosure) when he subtitled his submission as "(My interpretation)." Of course that's what each of us do that submit recordings of our playing, but never have to declare the obvious since it's understood. Guy gave us a chance to understand what was going on but presumed (rightly in my case) that the auditors wouldn't catch on for some time.
Oh, go practice!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:04 am 
Site Admin

@michaelv - Yes, I am 220 years old. And I look pretty damn hot for being so old, right? 8) But you on the other hand must be a mere child, maybe 15 at the most, right? At least that's what your stupid-ass comments reflect. I bet you are really some dumb fat moron with no social life and can only get his kicks by slamming people on Internet forums. No matter, I will leave your comments up because they are amusing, but you are correct in assuming that you will not stick around here for long. That's because I have now banned you. Bye-bye :lol:

@And synergy - Your first posting on the forum is rude! Don't you think an introduction would have been nice? What's up with that? Come on, get a life and learn some manners! But really, you don't know what the hell you are talking about either, so why don't you just go away too. I'll wait a bit and see if you get any more annoying before you are also banned. Then again...now I think that I do recognize you from an earlier username. You were a pain in the ass then too.

@Guy - All I will say to you is that I'm a little hurt by all this. We never gave you a hard time before and the only thing we are guilty of is speaking our minds. We administrators get to choose how and what we host on our main site, which is basically that we wish to host recordings made in a quasi-traditional mode - basically an acoustic piano and a recorder - that's it. It's pretty simple and not a big secret by a long-shot. But now you are prancing about with these two newbies and it's like the three of you think you can tell us how to run Piano Society. You should have stated right from the beginning that your recordings were midi-produced. That would have prevented all this trouble!! Don't worry, this is the last thing I will say to you on this thread and anywhere else on the forum. I wish you well with your music, but that's it from me....

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:17 am 
-

Last edited by guybacos on Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:46 am 

If there ever was an discussion for the wonderful Chopin Etudes, or even the nice Vienna Imperial, it sank along with the Concordia. This thread would have been a perfect opportunity to discuss the ongoing debate of digital vs acoustic piano. All I've heard are unwarranted personal insults to the forum and its moderators with no reason(s) to support any claim(s). I don't know if one should even respond to this kind of childishness, but I firmly believe that our moderators are truthful and back up their claims with facts and knowledge, without resorting to into personal attacks. No one has any intentions with any products nor sponsors here. Come on, Techneut a DJ? Pianolady a 220 year old relic? Far be it! Needless to say, Techneut, Pianolady, and musicalmd, are authoritative in their assessment and knowledge of music, far better than I or most musicians for that matter.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:12 am 
-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:50 am 
Site Admin

What a great discussion we have once more :wink:

musical-md wrote:
I must say, however, that the sudden presence on PS of two new people today, who are taking up your banner without hesitation (seeing that the Administrators are bothered by something) is highly suspicious to me.
I thought the same, it is more than coincidence. I'd think they were the same person, if not for Michael calling the other one Greg. Apparently they know each other - maybe they're the board of the Bacos fanclub.

Best not to comment on michaelv's venomous rant, seeing as he's already been banned (but I guess it would have been pointless even if he hadn't). Amazing how people can be so full of anger, denying us the right to have an opinion on what is appropriate for this site and what isn't. I do wonder where that comes from. As for synergy, yes that name rings a bell now - and not a good one. I guess he may be banned soon, too, or else leave in a cloud of hot air. I can't resist once more quoting Kaikoshru Sorabji in saying “Insects that are merely noisome like to think that they can also sting.” (I would have loved that guy, a pig-headed sarcastic bastard like me :lol: )

guybacos wrote:
I know there is nothing I can say that will make these administrators think differently. It's as if it comes from the finger, it's music from God, but if you dare manipulate a single note it doesn't count as good music anymore. At least not on Piano Society Forum. This IS the rule here. Chris has said it! BTW Chris, didn't you say you didn't like the first part of Christmas Chimes i had written? But a few months later you were wondering how come you didn't like then because now you like it. Interesting how people change their minds sometimes.
Of course people change their minds, if there is new evidence or circumstances changed, or sometimes just because we are human. Or one grows to like something he did not quite like the first time. I don't see what is the problem with that. As for manipulating a single note, that would not be so bad. I do that (very) occasionally when I can't get the last note or chord as pianissimo as it should be. It's as far as I go, apart from cutting out mistakes or using multiple takes. Of course everybody draws their own line here.

guybacos wrote:
I agree, but overall I think the mods came out a bit old fashion, and I think that's how they would like to stay from what I understand.
Probably. And is there anything wrong with that ? We do not aspire to be a site promoting the latest digital technologies. Rather a site that tries to stick to traditional playing. Maybe we're fighting a losing battle, it will have to be seen.

And yes, the admins do emphatically stick together in this respect. This is not a pre-meditated policy, but happens naturally because we feel strongly, and in the same way, about what we want the site to be. For anybody who can't respect that, this is probably not the right place to be.

Guy, producing a video recording does not really change our perception of your Chopin project. I did not mean to insinuate that you can't play, you probably can. I just found it strange that a good pianist chooses to present himself only through a project like this. But that is your choice ! And presenting only 'traditional' recordings (insofar as there's a definition of this) is our choice. Let that be the end of it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:19 pm 
-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:39 pm 
Site Admin

Will do, thanks.

Edit - Closed this thread because anything that could be said in a reasonable tone seems to have been said.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:48 pm 
Site Admin

I've unlocked the thread as Guy indicated he wanted to change the title. The game is on again ! Round two, everyone's a winner :D

Post subject: Re: Chopin's 24 Études (new approach on the realization)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:39 pm 
-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:00 pm 
Site Admin

You'll have to put in the links again I'm afraid, as I took those out when I locked the thread.
And yeah, we know the drill about you being a good pianist... you said so many times, here and elsewhere :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:07 pm 
If you prefer I can put I'm a bad pianist. What would you like me to write that will make everybody happy? Tell me, and I will do that.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:29 pm 
Site Admin

Guy, I feel like I've wasted too much of my valuable time trying to figure out your intentions. You went about this whole thing so badly. :x

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next