Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:06 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Re: Rachmaninov Prelude in G Minor, Op. 23, No. 5
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:46 am 

I removed noise, equalized (look before in white and after in red on the attached picture) and added reverb. I also applied the Redline Preamp plugin that gives a subtle touch of tube electronics flavour.

Attachments:
Capture-1.jpg
Capture-1.jpg [ 157.84 KiB | Viewed 857 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:45 pm 

Do you know if Pro Tools LE (ver 8+) can do this (if you have experience with this sw)? I really like this spectral view. It shows very nicely how the bass was pumped just a bit and the treble reduced.
Eddy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:50 pm 

I only know that Pro Tools is a professional standard. Hence there is no doubt that this rather basic processing could be achieved by means of Pro Tools (although it is not the best choice for an amateur in my opinion because of the obligation of using hardware from the same manufacturer and specific format for the plugins).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:54 am 

Hi Eddy,

You have done a technically amazing job with this piece. My only suggestion is that perhaps you play with a bit more pedal and give it a darker sound, except for the middle part.
The middle part has beautiful voicing and the playing is passionate.

The return to the beginning section is paced in a suspenseful and effective manner

The recap seems to have a bit of a thicker sound. I think you should try for that sound from the start of the piece. It sounds as though the notes are glued together,
more theatrical in a way.

It could also be that from the middle section on you play with greater use of the big muscles and put more weight into the keys. That coupled with thicker pedaling makes a truly remarquable sound.

Keep up the great work.

Thank you.
Kaila

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:36 pm 

musicrecovery wrote:
Hi Eddy,

You have done a technically amazing job with this piece. My only suggestion is that perhaps you play with a bit more pedal and give it a darker sound, except for the middle part.
The middle part has beautiful voicing and the playing is passionate.

The return to the beginning section is paced in a suspenseful and effective manner

The recap seems to have a bit of a thicker sound. I think you should try for that sound from the start of the piece. It sounds as though the notes are glued together,
more theatrical in a way.

It could also be that from the middle section on you play with greater use of the big muscles and put more weight into the keys. That coupled with thicker pedaling makes a truly remarquable sound.

Keep up the great work.

Thank you.
Kaila

Hi Kaila,
I think we both must share a bigger, more powerful view of this piece, than the lighter version that the composer plays. Thanks for your reply. I still have work to do here.
Eddy