Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:12 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Take your medicine!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:37 pm 

This is not about personality-changing medications. :D I just want to put out there that maybe the ratio of responses to files submitted-at-once may be inversely proportional. I know that I, for one, feel that it is a big effort to listen to and comment with particulars to a whole collection of something. I think that if you want others to comment with care on your efforts, you aren't likely to get the same result if you dump a truck-full of music for them to review. :?:

Post subject: Re: Take your medicine!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:35 am 
Site Admin

I agree and have many times over the years requested that members don't submit more than two or three recordings at a time. But I admit it is because I don't want to do all the work involved with processing multiple recordings. It is true too that I don't want to sit for an hour and listen to someones ten recordings, so I just don't. Unless it's someone I care about. But in times when I have to, then my medicine is aspirin (or wine...that's better... :lol: )

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:01 pm 

If you are speaking of the recording of which I am thinking I had other thoughts when I came across the post and must say I stopped reading what was written at a certain point, even if I had some goodwill to start with, I gave up after that and probably will not listen to them, even if it might have been interestring to compare them to mine.

Oscar Wilde: Impressions of America: Leadville

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:01 pm 
Site Admin

It is most annoying when a member who does not comment regularly on other members does in fact one day submit 10-plus recordings. I used to have time to critique each one, but I don't anymore. But I do want to keep encouraging other members here to stay involved on the forum and critique recordings as often as they are able. That way, even if Chris or I do not have time to listen to everything, then at least other members are helping us out by doing the listening. Fortunately, people don't normally post large amounts of recordings, except for the recent posting. :wink: And except for Chris. :P

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:24 pm 

richard66 wrote:
If you are speaking of the recording of which I am thinking I had other thoughts when I came across the post and must say I stopped reading what was written at a certain point, even if I had some goodwill to start with, I gave up after that and probably will not listen to them, even if it might have been interestring to compare them to mine.

Hi Richard,
I assure you that I was not thinking of any particular recordings or individual as several have submitted "sets" at once, rather, just as I said, the more that is submitted, the less I'm inclined (maybe others too) to get into the nitty-gritty of critiquing. It's a lot of work!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:38 pm 
Site Admin

pianolady wrote:
Fortunately, people don't normally post large amounts of recordings, except for the recent posting. :wink: And except for Chris. :P

I don't really anymore, that was a long time ago. Except for some complete sets I posted.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:28 pm 
Site Admin

techneut wrote:
pianolady wrote:
Fortunately, people don't normally post large amounts of recordings, except for the recent posting. :wink: And except for Chris. :P

I don't really anymore, that was a long time ago. Except for some complete sets I posted.

Complete sets = many recordings.

Complete sets of more than six I think is too much to listen to/critique at a time. Of course anyone is free to invest in however much time they feel like investing. Plus, everybody is used to you doing it by now, so it's not that big of a deal.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:54 pm 
Site Admin

pianolady wrote:
Plus, everybody is used to you doing it by now, so it's not that big of a deal.

Oh good. It got me worried for a while :P

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:08 pm 

Also, I bet he puts up his own recordings. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:22 pm 
Site Admin

Terez wrote:

No, I have to do it! Can you believe that?? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:09 am 

pianolady wrote:
Terez wrote:

No, I have to do it! Can you believe that?? :lol:

Can't you, you know...put your foot down or something? That's ridiculous!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:07 pm 
Site Admin

That was a little joke....hehe :lol:
I would have quit a long time ago, or I'd be totally bonkers by now if I had to put up his recordings too! :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:12 pm 

I considered that you were being facetious. But somehow I can see Chris talking you into doing it. (Usually it seems that he puts them up before he even posts in the AR - I've only ever seen links in his posts, and the same for yours ever since you became an admin.)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:20 pm 
Site Admin

Terez wrote:
I considered that you were being facetious. But somehow I can see Chris talking you into doing it. (Usually it seems that he puts them up before he even posts in the AR - I've only ever seen links in his posts, and the same for yours ever since you became an admin.)

Of course. No reason to first attach them in the forum if we can upload them directly to the live site.

It would be great if more people could do that. Downloading attachments, renaming and tagging them, and then uploading them to the site, is no fun. When I ever get to finish the naming and tagging rules (I'm procrastinating on it like there's no tomorrow :roll: ) I may well give selected pianists this possibility. We'd still have to update the site pages but at least the files would be there, properly named and tagged.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:30 pm 
Site Admin

techneut wrote:
It would be great if more people could do that. Downloading attachments, renaming and tagging them, and then uploading them to the site, is no fun. When I ever get to finish the naming and tagging rules (I'm procrastinating on it like there's no tomorrow :roll: ) I may well give selected pianists this possibility. We'd still have to update the site pages but at least the files would be there, properly named and tagged.

I will throw a big party when that day comes! :P