Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:42 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:30 pm 
Site Admin

I listened to everyone of them and they are all very high quality recordings. Leaves nothing to be wished for and I don't hear any slips at all. On the years I have heard you play, you have really made progress!

I am also very impressed by the dynamics of your sound! Kind of envy you have access to really good recording equipment ;). Keep up the good work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:33 pm 

Thank you very much! I don't think my recordings in general would be this good soundwise, becuase I'll use my own microphones (good, but not like the one I used for these) and I don't have access to a Steinway D 24/7. hehe. But my Petrof piano is not bad at all, I'll move into my office during the week and I'm very excited about trying to record there.

I do have a misread in the Halling from Slåtter. It's a bassline D-E-F, and I play D-D-F. Silly silly silly. I can't belive I missed such an obvious thing. Wellwell. Done is done. The recordings I haven't uploaded yet is basically the lyric pieces I already recorded on pianosociety. "Folkevise, Norsk, Gangar, Klokkeklang, Fra Ungdomsdagene, I Balladetone, Bryllupsdag på Troldhaugen" Do you want me to upload the new ones and replace the one already on the site?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:40 pm 
Site Admin

Piacevole wrote:
I do have a misread in the Halling from Slåtter. It's a bassline D-E-F, and I play D-D-F. Silly silly silly. I can't belive I missed such an obvious thing. Wellwell. Done is done.

To have your reading mistakes picked out and rubbed in, you've come to the right place :lol:

Piacevole wrote:
The recordings I haven't uploaded yet is basically the lyric pieces I already recorded on pianosociety. "Folkevise, Norsk, Gangar, Klokkeklang, Fra Ungdomsdagene, I Balladetone, Bryllupsdag på Troldhaugen" Do you want me to upload the new ones and replace the one already on the site?

Well they have been there for a while, you have grown considerably since then, and these sound much better as well. So I'd say let's replace them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:01 pm 

:lol: hehe. But it's nice though. We all need feedback and the possibillity to share different views. Do you know the story behind Bruremars etter Myllarguten? Myllarguten was one of the most famous fiddleplayers in Norway in the 19th century. The story tells that he was in love with a woman, but she married someone else. On the day of the wedding, Myllarguten sat down behind a rock and composed this mournful march. This is why I play it so slowly, but if you listen to Einar Steen Nøkleberg, the guy who recorded complete Grieg for Naxos, you can hear that he's playing it even slower. I think it should be really tender and melancholic..

Alright, let me upload the rest of the recordings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:40 pm 
Site Admin

I have finally put all these up the site. Instead of the separate mp3 links, I'd rather give the link to the page:

http://pianosociety.com/cms/index.php?section=235

Great performances again, all of these. I can't see how they could be bettered. Really, many of these pieces are much better than they are given credit for ! Strange that nobody commented on any of these... I guess Grieg is not quite mainstream repertoire for many people, not even the lyric pieces.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:00 am 
Site Admin

Piacevole wrote:
:lol: hehe. But it's nice though. We all need feedback and the possibillity to share different views. Do you know the story behind Bruremars etter Myllarguten? Myllarguten was one of the most famous fiddleplayers in Norway in the 19th century. The story tells that he was in love with a woman, but she married someone else. On the day of the wedding, Myllarguten sat down behind a rock and composed this mournful march. This is why I play it so slowly, but if you listen to Einar Steen Nøkleberg, the guy who recorded complete Grieg for Naxos, you can hear that he's playing it even slower. I think it should be really tender and melancholic..

Alright, let me upload the rest of the recordings.

No idea about this before. Thanks for lettings us know!