Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:33 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: VIDEOS - piano four-hands
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:13 pm 

Quote:
That's neat! Although I don't think I could handle having to edit yet another dimension...haha.

Yes, seems, that I´m the dangerous man from the other dimension! :lol: But seriously now: I´m really enthused by 3d-fotos and -films. With my Fuji Real 3d W3 I can make fotos and videos in 3d and I can watch them them on my Panasonic TV (with 3d-glasses). These fotos are so real memorials, it´s fantastic. I´m looking now, if it´s possible to post 3d-videos on YouTube and to watch them in 3d with glasses. May be one nice day I can make my first piano-video in 3d.

Quote:
So I gave up and did all the audio syncing in Sony Vegas, which really does all the same things that Audition does, plus I could drag the files around more easily.

I see now, that you have had some difficulties and if the Sony Vegas does it in a better way, why not use it, of course.

Quote:
Now I'm wondering about another thing: Do audio files play the same way for everybody? Meaning, does the computer, Internet connection, device or whatever, alter the way audio files play for people? For me, on my computer, the audio files sounded pretty well in-sync, but seems like it's not for you and some other people here.

I could imagine, that the speed of the internet connection could make a video out of sync, but I´m no expert concerning these matters. I suppose, prinicipally it could be possible, that these technical conditions could change the files. I also think, the idea of Scott is a good one. I will try to download your video with RealPlayer and see, if something has changed.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:37 pm 

o.k., I have done it. Seems that the video (March no. 1) downloaded with Real Player is a bit out of sync like the one on YouTube. So, I suppose it´s in the original and not falsified by the "technique". There still are some small places, the synchronization isn´t perfect. But may be that´s nitpicking now (which we love to do here so much :lol: ). So, please, don´t care about remarks, if you think, they are not important. That would be al right, of course.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:35 pm 

I'm also not an expert on this sort of technical problem, but I could believe that not all audio or video codecs respond equally well to the youtube conversion process. I used to use Windows Movie Maker, and found some problems with sound distortion under certain circumstances.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:02 am 

Hi Monica, Chris, and George,

Who knew that Granados composed military marches? They're both high spirited and charming too--fine playing all around. Monica, you really worked magic to get everything so coordinated and in synch. (Nothing is ever perfect, but it was all perfect enough for me. :)) The special effects were great too. Very entertaining!

David

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:59 am 

Thanks everyone for the great comments. There are some newcomers with whom I hope to make their acquaintance soon... :D

Sarah, how's the recorder working out?... Pantelis, how's the photography and jazz going?... I'll be going to Greece in 2012... Chris, are you still recording on the organ?... David, keep your ears open for those buoys - I'll be getting the sailboat ready in 3 weeks on Cape Cod!...

Monica, Andreas is right. I think it's an audio synching issue in certain areas. Monica, why don't you send me an audio file of YOUR tracks. Otherwise you'll go crazy. :P I'll see where and whose part needs editing. Remember, I re-recorded my part after a 12hr work day, so it's probably me that's off?! Let's see if we can fix this. I am starting to practice again after a few years... I am taking care of unfinished business - pieces that were started, but never completed so long ago in a galaxy, far, far away... :P

Andreas, you must have version 6 or later - My version of WaveLab 5 doesn't allow for multitracks, otherwise it would be much easier to add markers, time stretch/compress to make everything fit, and then mix everything down to two tracks. I wonder if WaveLab 7 is just as easy?... I have Cakewalk Sonar 6 and Logic Pro 8, but they're very cumbersome for editing individual tracks.

Anyone wishing to do videos, Sony Vegas Pro 10 is great software, thanks to Monica's advice - much easier to use than Final Cut which is Apple based.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:33 am 
Site Admin

My internet is out again. I'll write to you guys tomorrow when I'm at work. I'm using my cell phone now....

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:26 am 

88man wrote:
Pantelis, how's the photography and jazz going?... I'll be going to Greece in 2012...

George, it's been a while. Congratulations for this recording. I really enjoyed the video and your sound was superb.

I'm afraid jazz is a little left behind nowadays. Too much work, too little time. Photographically, I'm in a better shape though. Last month I was in Venice (for the Rigoletto at La Fenice) and I took some pictures. By the way, I'll be in Hofleur (Normandie) for the Easter week. I don't know if anyone else from PS will be there. It would be nice to meet. Watch out, as I plan to take many pictures from Satie's house.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:48 am 
Site Admin

wiser_guy wrote:
Watch out, as I plan to take many pictures from Satie's house.

His house must have a very good view :P

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:23 pm 
Site Admin

Last night I started re-editing the Marcha 2 - for some reason, that one was harder to sync - probably because 'somebody' wore the wrong shirt (not me...haha). Anyway, I've also been reading up on syncing audio and video files and now I'd like to try out some new programs. George - I'm not quite ready to give up the ship yet. But if I do not make any substantial improvements, I'll send you my files. I just need a little time - I don't have to work tomorrow, so maybe I can make good progress in the upcoming days.

p.s. Thanks, David. :)

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:59 pm 

88man wrote:
Sarah, how's the recorder working out?

Thanks for asking... it's going great! :D Been spending as much time as I can with it between piano and classwork. Our little recorder ensemble plans to have a concert this fall, and we're enjoying practicing Bach for that.

Good to see you around here again!! Seems like you have some exciting things planned on your end... sailing on Cape Cod and a trip to the Mediterranean sound fantastic, as does being able to get back into playing again. I bet it's a great feeling to have a little time at the keyboard. :D

Though everything else may appear shallow and repulsive, even the smallest task in music is so absorbing, and carries us so far away from town, country, earth, and all worldly things, that it is truly a blessed gift of God.

Felix Mendelssohn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:06 pm 

88man wrote:
Quote:
Monica, Andreas is right. I think it's an audio synching issue in certain areas.

I´m so glad, that someone agrees to me. You know, I´m just quite nitpicking concerning these matters of synchronization also concerning my own editing works and I don´t would like to count, how many hours I have spent in my life until now with fumbling around on such sync-problems. (Too much, I´m sure!) And though I always am very nitpicking with myself, my videos also are not always perfect concerning synchronization... :?
Apart from my nitpicking-attitude concerning the audio-editing I would like to repeat, that in summary you have done a very good work here and it´s a pleasure to listen to inspite of the little sync-problems, which in reality also can easily happen, btw! (Especially if two persons play together, which don´t play very often together.)

Quote:
Andreas, you must have version 6 or later - My version of WaveLab 5 doesn't allow for multitracks, otherwise it would be much easier to add markers, time stretch/compress to make everything fit, and then mix everything down to two tracks. I wonder if WaveLab 7 is just as easy?... I have Cakewalk Sonar 6 and Logic Pro 8, but they're very cumbersome for editing individual tracks.

Yes, I have purchased WaveLab 6.0, but before I also have used version 5. Would really be interesting to know something about version 7. Cakewalk and Logic Pro I don´t know, but I have heard, that Logic Pro should be a quite good program, though you don´t seem to acknowledge that.
I really would like to tried out Sony Vegas. Seems to be a very good program.

Last edited by musicusblau on Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:08 pm 

wiser_guy wrote:
Quote:
Watch out, as I plan to take many pictures from Satie's house.

Wow, would it be possible to share some of these pictures with us? I would be very interested in them!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:13 pm 
Site Admin

musicusblau wrote:
And though I always am very anal with myself,

Cripes ! That is just disgusting :shock: :roll: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:20 pm 

techneut wrote:
musicusblau wrote:
And though I always am very anal with myself,

Cripes ! That is just disgusting :shock: :roll: :lol:

In the leo-online-dictionary I found "anal" as familiar word for the german word "pingelig" (can also be translated with "nitpicking"), but better I will change this expression above, for that members, who are not familiar with the familiar english expressions (like you?) don´t come to false conclusions! :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:35 pm 

@Monica:
I would like to thank you, that you have added our Symphony of Farewell together with your new Granados-marches on the main-page with the nice explanations to them.
ImageI really appreciate that und I think, our nice experiments were (are) really creative and as such they are a beautiful and individual "store sign" for our Pianosociety homepage! And I think, they could be something unique or one-of-a-kind in music-history generally, at least I don´t know anyone, who has done a similar project until now. I only know some experiments on YouTube, in which people have recorded several tracks of themselves and have overlayed them, also with video. (I hope, I don´t seem too unmodest with my statements here.)
I only have seen that today, because I don´t look to often on the main-page. I mostly log in directly to the forums.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next