Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:08 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: VIDEOS - piano four-hands
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:51 pm 

I watched the videos of both duets and have to say I am very impressed. Great contrast in dynamics and phrasing. And the tempo- it is really amazing how well synced you have the primo to the secondo. It is nearly spot on, the slight difference is hardly noticeable at all. Thanks for these recordings, I consider myself lucky to be able to download these nice recordings for free to my stockpile of recordings by Granados :D

Riley

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:10 pm 

Hey Monica and company,

Great job on these Granados Duets. They were a joy to watch and to listen to. I look forward to more. If you need more time to do the editing, just quite your job. Money, food, and housing is hghly overated. :wink:

Scott

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:50 am 
Site Admin

Thanks Riley and Scott. I still smile when I watch both videos because I just enjoy the music so much.
But you know....I watched the videos on my actual Youtube channel for the first time just now and they are not as well in sync as the files I have on my computer. I don't know why. Maybe I should call Youtube and ask them to fix my videos....

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:11 am 
Site Admin

pianolady wrote:
But you know....I watched the videos on my actual Youtube channel for the first time just now and they are not as well in sync as the files I have on my computer. I don't know why. Maybe I should call Youtube and ask them to fix my videos....

I remember thinking that Youtube's video processing makes audio and video go slightly out of sync over time. It doesn't
seem to happen all the time though.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:00 am 

Just excellent. Loved the videos. Congratulations to the pianists for the highly artistic result.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:37 am 

techneut wrote:
pianolady wrote:

I remember thinking that Youtube's video processing makes audio and video go slightly out of sync over time. It doesn't
seem to happen all the time though.
I used to have variable results re sync, but not recently. I've taken to using Sony Vegas and always rendering to the same file format. I wonder if differing file formats don't always convert equally well to the youtube flv files.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:01 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Pantelis, and thank you! :D

@Chris and Andrew - I used Sony Vegas on this too and rendered the files as a wmv (or something like that). There are four cuts in each video and some of the sections I was able to sync up better than other sections. The ones that are dead-on are of course good on my computer and the sections that are not perfect are only slightly off on my computer so that's why I thought everything was all good. But these 'imperfect' sections are somehow exaggerated on Youbute....grrrr. :x Now I'm wondering if I should redo everything - I still have all the video sections/parts.... What would you guys do if you were me?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:39 pm 
Site Admin

pianolady wrote:
What would you guys do if you were me?

Leave it :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:18 am 
Site Admin

Ohhhhh.....I was going to leave it, but I just watched it again and it's really bugging me. I'm going to fiddle around with it again throughout the week...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:48 am 
Site Admin

It did not bother me so much. But I watched them only once :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:44 am 

pianolady wrote:
What would you guys do if you were me?

I'd leave it also. Anything that's out is probably far more obvious to you than anyone else, and people don't watch videos trying to spot these things.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:11 pm 

Quote:
Thank you, Andreas. I used Sony Vegas Pro 10.0. I like it a lot and really only touched on a tiny fraction of all the features it has and can do.

I have read a bit about that program on the internet and I have to say, it seems very professional, I think, it´s comparable with Adobe Premiere Pro. So, have my congratulations to that splendid program. I have read, one can also edit 3d-videos with it. That´s very interesting for me, because I have purchased a 3d-camera. (But the whole technic still is in the beginning of its development.)

Quote:
I think I've got both parts synced up pretty well - it was hard because I did have to manipulate some tempos in certain sections and things like that. And every time I changed one thing, another thing down the road also changed. I feel like I could spend all eternity editing these and not ever be completely satisfied. Oh well...life goes on....I haven't touched my piano in over a week because I was working all the time on this project.

As I said you have done a pretty good job here. But the audio-files are not perfectly synchronized at some places. For this, I think, you will need a special audio-editing-program, in which you can overlay the two audio-tracks and correct the accord of some chords and tones of both tracks together. That´s what I do with the audio-montage-function of WaveLab. After you have synchronized the two audio-files you should synchronize the new track (the result of the two synchronized audio-files) with the videos. But the first step has always to be the synchronization of the only audio-files.
Btw, I don´t suppose, that YouTube has falsified the synchronization (though this can´t be absolutely excluded). In earlier times I also thought that sometimes, but later I found out, that the (more or less) bad synchronization in these cases was my own fault.

Quote:
But aren't these two sweet little pieces?

Yes, these pieces are nice, not too deep, but entertaining in the best sense of that word.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:54 pm 
Site Admin

techneut wrote:
It did not bother me so much. But I watched them only once :)

I've watched the videos probably a hundred times....

andrew wrote:
I'd leave it also. Anything that's out is probably far more obvious to you than anyone else, and people don't watch videos trying to spot these things.

I dunno...I'm still bugged by this.

Also, I wonder if people see the video on Youtube differently. Like does it play for everybody the same way? I tried watching it on my cell phone yesterday and you should have seen how out of sync it was. Really quite laughable! But could it be that bad for other people too?

musicusblau wrote:
I have read, one can also edit 3d-videos with it. That´s very interesting for me, because I have purchased a 3d-camera. (But the whole technic still is in the beginning of its development.)

That's neat! Although I don't think I could handle having to edit yet another dimension...haha.

Regarding the audio sync: I usually edit my music files in Adobe Audition and have no problem. This time, however, I imported both audio files (multi-tracks) but had a problem cutting off the beginning of the audio files and then dragging the file over to the left-hand side - the new start place. Very frustrating - I must have wasted a whole day on trying to figure out how to do it. So I gave up and did all the audio syncing in Sony Vegas, which really does all the same things that Audition does, plus I could drag the files around more easily.

Now I'm wondering about another thing: Do audio files play the same way for everybody? Meaning, does the computer, Internet connection, device or whatever, alter the way audio files play for people? For me, on my computer, the audio files sounded pretty well in-sync, but seems like it's not for you and some other people here.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:17 pm 

Monica,

A way to test if the problem is due to the YouTube and/or the internet connection is to download it from YouTube (YouTube downloader is a program that will do it, as will RealPlayer). If the downloaded file is fine, then it would seem that it has to do with the connection.

Scott

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:46 am 
Site Admin

That's a good idea! Thanks, Scott.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next