Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:59 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: chopin polonaise op53
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:16 pm 

Ok, guys. I did this on my holiday time, otherwise it would never be as good as now. It has improved a lot since my last doggy submission.

This took me around 4 hours over 2 sessions(2 hour each). I have select the best 4 takes out of 23.

Bare in mind, this is not the world class performance, but its the best of me for the time being.

I will not submit this again for at least 6 months or longer...i dnt think I would get any better unless I QUIT my job and doing piano full time.
As you said"dnt shoot the pianist, he is doing the best" :lol:

PS. Be ready for the roller coaster performnace in the last movements(after the clavery march) where I spent a lots of EMOTINAL ENERGY on it.

For Olaf, PFJ. I do lots of gravity playing on this, you will find its very relaxed and not tensed playing. Thatswise, I lasted 2 hour a session with 1 m/2 m break in between.

Last edited by johnmar78 on Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:44 am 
Site Admin

Hm ! This may be better than the previous (I don't remember that too well), but this is so full of slips, reading mistakes, notes left out, and rhythmic and dynamic inconsistencies, that it's not fit to go up the site. At least I would not want it up there if I were you. There are some good moments, and I do not doubt you'll get there eventually, but this really needs a lot more care, attention, and polish.

Please don't ask me to write out a list of all the mistakes.... If you can't hear them yourself while listening back with the score, something is really wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:20 am 

John, indeed it sounds relaxed to me, and I also like your piano tone. So far I don't hear much dynamic inconsistencies.
However, that is the most famous Polonaise. Everyone recognizes wrong or missing notes even if one has not play it. So it is bit too sloppy played. From your technical ability I have no doubt, you are able to play it. You should be more honest to yourself and compete for all notes bar by bar.
The active forum members are almost all not full time pianists, I guess. Why should it not be possible to improve on that even if you have "only" let's say an hour per day on average for piano practising (only to say a number)? That is enough to make the thing better step by step.
The good message is, you are able to do!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:15 am 
Site Admin

John, I applaud anyone who can get through this piece. I certainly can't. But like the others said, there's room for a lot of imrovement. The first thing that caught my eye (ears) was the grace notes in the right hand. They need to be flippier (not sure that's a word). You need to flick off them faster, cleaner, delicate yet strong. Also the runs should go smoother. Good job with the left hand on the octave section. On the 'pretty' section, the phrases should have a more 'ebb and flow' feel.

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:34 am 

haaaaaaaaa, no woories guys,,,thanks for your wonderful feed back.
I know whrere i am up to, you can all try it if you like :lol: reading errors, no woories, I am not running a world class standard, but i am quite happy with my performance, if i played it much slower even i got the rigt note 100%, it would be a shocking boring piece. This is played frm memory as usual..and thats my standard. Perhaps, one day, Chris can plant a chip in my brian and played it back like a prerecoreded cd :lol:

thanks again.....