Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:33 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Re: On Communication
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:04 pm 

Duplicate.

Last edited by Rachfan on Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:05 pm 

Hi Marik,

I'm sorry to hear of your father's serious illness, especially following the earlier loss of your father-in-law. I hope the best for him and will certainly keep your dad in my thoughts and send a positive energy his way.

Thanks for your kind words about my "essay" here on communication. I'm glad you concur, and hope others will take a moment to read it as well.

Best,

David

Last edited by Rachfan on Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:13 pm 

Thank you Gentlemen for your nice words,

I am not sure yet what is exactly the situation there. Originally he told the surgery would've been this coming Tuesday, but now they postponed it until the doctors take some other tests... Crossing fingers...

Best, M

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:36 pm 

M,
Let me elaborate philosophically on one more thing: Everlasting life (which is different than eternal life)
To be intellectually honest, there can be only two occidental views:
A. We are the product of purposeless material evolution, our life has no ultimate meaning, and there is no after life, or
B. We are the product of creation by an intelligent being (the only known source for specified information), our life has meaning, and there is an after life.

I would direct your attention to the central portions of my statements. Unless one can dissect my statements otherwise, then to have meaning in life is to affirm B. I for one find great meaning in life, but I also affirm B. I hope your dad does too.

If we consider the orient, then we must allow for circular time and reincarnation (which is impersonal) and the theories of Karhma (which actually impede notions of compassion and justice). For me, (as for most westeners) time is linear so I reject the oriental alternatives.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:55 pm 

Hello, Marik,

All I can add to what has been said here is that I hope your father does not suffer and that he will be either cured or spared the life of misery which seems to be the lot of patients in our modern world.

My father used to smoke too, but quit. Both my grandfather and my uncle, both smokers, fell victims to lung cancer. My father was diagnosed with another type of cancer over 10 years ago, underwent treatment and was cured. This is what I wish your father.

I am the husband of a Russian who smokes and I very much fear she will bring much misery to us also. Let us hope she quits soon.

It is a miracle already that we have had a lovely, healthy daughter.

Oscar Wilde: Impressions of America: Leadville