Post subject: R. Scumann Chopin from :Karneval" op 9
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:14 am 

Hi all,

a very little pice, just for joy...

Schumann : Carnaval - Chopin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:25 pm 
Site Admin

Yes I remember this from your website (which I could not get to do anything at all, other than show your photo and play this track .....).
Beautifully played though. Have you recorded any other Carnaval items ? I am not sure if we should create a page just for this one tiny fragment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:26 pm 

Dear Chris,

One should be patient with opening my website. The fact is that You do not get onwards until You have been listening the piece up to the end. Only then You can see the button ENTER and when clicking on to it the whole page will open.. I have been performing Schumann┬┤ s Carneval during the last form of Music School already and also I have been performing this as entire piece. Unfortunately I do not have any recording of that..
This fragment was ment to be the soundtrack of my homepage. This season I will be concentarting on to different kind of and even more complicated ( not technically, of cource) repertuar. Perhaps I will be playing Carneval as well. In case You do have the interest towards the overview of my repertuar, I will be more than delighted to forward this to You as well as my biografical data and I would do it promptly afetr my performance /concert ont the 2nd of January 2007. I hope the level of my performance is adequate to presented at this very nice website. With sincere regards and wishes for the fabulous New Year, Yours Leonald.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:56 pm 
Site Admin

Arrrgghhhh... the P-word :!: Nobody tells me to be patient ! Ever seen a patient Internet user anyway ?

Just kidding of course :wink: I've peen patient for once, and waited for the Enter button. I sampled some of your tracks, and they are very good indeed. Of course your performance level is 'adequate' - many of us amateurs here can only hope to play that good. Yes please email me your bio and a suitable photograph so that I can create your pianists' page. Any recordings you may want to share are very welcome.

I'll create a Carnaval page and put up the 'Chopin' if you promise to record more items of this great cycle :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:44 pm 

Dear Chris,
in the nearest future I have planned to record some attractive pieces You can not see at this site yet. 2 Toccatas of J..Bach ( D-minor and E-minor),
Manuel de Falla Ritual Fire Dance, P. I. Tchaikovski "Seasons" etc. Also during the studies both at the Music School and at the Conservatory I have been performing all the mazurkas of Chopin - I would like to put the selection up to this site of those.. And , in my opinion, some really exciting sonatas of Haydn and pieces of Schumann etc. I promise to record accordingly to the possibilities at least the half of Schumann ┬┤ s Carneval - so by all means -You can create the Carneval page.
Once again:
my best regards, Leonald.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:20 pm 
Site Admin

Some good stuff to be expected from you then ! I just hope you are not going to submit all the Chopin Mazurkas though ... let me complete my cycle first (recorded 30 so far).

Ok, send me that bio and I'll work on your page. Welcome to PianoSociety, and enjoy your stay !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:04 pm 

I have been listening to all of Your recordings and of course, all the Chopin Mazurkas as well , also the last ones ( op.6). Op 6 cis-moll is one of my favourites through tens of years and: on the 2nd week of January I would like to put up two recordings, additionally to the other ones also mazurkas op. 6 nr 2 cis-moll ja op 7. nr. 5 f-moll. It seems to me we sense and understand these pieces in a different way but actually this is the most exciting part of the interpretation as such.
Leonald

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:23 am 
Site Admin

leonald wrote:
I have been listening to all of Your recordings and of course, all the Chopin Mazurkas as well , also the last ones ( op.6). Op 6 cis-moll is one of my favourites through tens of years and: on the 2nd week of January I would like to put up two recordings, additionally to the other ones also mazurkas op. 6 nr 2 cis-moll ja op 7. nr. 5 f-moll. It seems to me we sense and understand these pieces in a different way but actually this is the most exciting part of the interpretation as such.

Yes the Mazurkas are without doubt the most personal of Chopin's compositions, and seem to give the most interpretative freedom. I have been playing them for decades and it seemed the time was ripe for recording them all. We seem to have a real Mazurka rage recently... which is good as there can never be enough recordings of these wonderful works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:56 am 
Site Admin

Indeed a very good performance of this charming Schumann piece. Really looking forward to hear more from you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:45 am 

Thank you very much for comments!