Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:28 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Harpsichord Recordings OK?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:37 am
Posts: 16
Location: Cambridge, MA USA
I know this is *Piano*society, but would you accept recordings of appropriate repertoire on a harpsichord?

Regards,

Jim Abraham


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harpsichord Recordings OK?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:20 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:45 am
Posts: 9564
Location: Netherlands
jcabraham wrote:
I know this is *Piano*society, but would you accept recordings of appropriate repertoire on a harpsichord?

Sure we will. There already are some harpsichord and organ recordings on the site.

_________________
Nothing is always absolutely so -- Sturgeon's law
Chris Breemer


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harpsichord Recordings OK?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:11 am
Posts: 489
Location: Lyon, France
Hello Jim,
It would be great to have more harpsichord on PS ! Up to now I've been quite lonesome in this field, having sent mostly French harspichordist recordings (Couperin, Rameau) and some English ones (Gibbons, Byrd). Do you have a real harpsichord ?
Regards,

_________________
François
"Je préfère ce qui me touche que ce qui me surprend"
François Couperin (1668-1733)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harpsichord Recordings OK?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:37 am
Posts: 16
Location: Cambridge, MA USA
Francois de Larrard wrote:
Hello Jim,
It would be great to have more harpsichord on PS ! Up to now I've been quite lonesome in this field, having sent mostly French harspichordist recordings (Couperin, Rameau) and some English ones (Gibbons, Byrd). Do you have a real harpsichord ?
Regards,


I do have a real harpsichord, of sorts. It's a Burton spinet, that is, a more-or-less French spinet built from a Burton kit. It's definitely what you would call a starter harpsichord, but it's a start. Here's a photo; as for how it sounds, there are a few videos on youtube, and of course I hope to post something soon. I am a beginner, and I hope to post some of the Bach little preludes and some Louis Couperin (my two favorite composers).

Regards,

JCA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harpsichord Recordings OK?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:11 am
Posts: 489
Location: Lyon, France
Nice look ! I am looking forward to listening it, now... Regards,

_________________
François
"Je préfère ce qui me touche que ce qui me surprend"
François Couperin (1668-1733)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harpsichord Recordings OK?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:28 am
Posts: 1250
Location: Springfield, Missouri, USA
Speaking of the French Clavecinistes, I am readying the Rameau Gavotte (et six doubles) for a recital and hope to provide recording in next month or two (I still have to buy my new equipment).

Edit: On Piano

_________________
Eddy M. del Rio, MD
"A smattering will not do. They must know all the keys, major and minor, and they must literally 'know them backwards.'" - Josef Lhevinne


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harpsichord Recordings OK?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:11 am
Posts: 489
Location: Lyon, France
musical-md wrote:
Speaking of the French Clavecinistes, I am readying the Rameau Gavotte (et six doubles) for a recital and hope to provide recording in next month or two (I still have to buy my new equipment).

Edit: On Piano

Great ! This is actually the first Rameau's piece I studied, some... 39 years ago (I was 14, I think !). Presently I am preparing a set of pieces that I will record in the next few days, if God wants... Therefore Jean-Philippe will be happy to see his name celebrated at PS !

_________________
François
"Je préfère ce qui me touche que ce qui me surprend"
François Couperin (1668-1733)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harpsichord Recordings OK?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:28 am
Posts: 1250
Location: Springfield, Missouri, USA
Francois de Larrard wrote:
musical-md wrote:
Speaking of the French Clavecinistes, I am readying the Rameau Gavotte (et six doubles) for a recital and hope to provide recording in next month or two (I still have to buy my new equipment).

Edit: On Piano

Great ! This is actually the first Rameau's piece I studied, some... 39 years ago (I was 14, I think !). Presently I am preparing a set of pieces that I will record in the next few days, if God wants... Therefore Jean-Philippe will be happy to see his name celebrated at PS !


Good to hear it! (Also my 1st Rameau ... and only :( ) I last perfomed it in 1984. BTW, I just listened to your Rameau recordings and like them VERY much! Thank you.

_________________
Eddy M. del Rio, MD
"A smattering will not do. They must know all the keys, major and minor, and they must literally 'know them backwards.'" - Josef Lhevinne


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harpsichord Recordings OK?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:11 am
Posts: 489
Location: Lyon, France
musical-md wrote:
BTW, I just listened to your Rameau recordings and like them VERY much! Thank you.

Thanks, Eddy ! Hope you like the next ones... Regards,

_________________
François
"Je préfère ce qui me touche que ce qui me surprend"
François Couperin (1668-1733)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group