Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:25 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Casio CDP-100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:07 pm 

Hi,

I'm going to have a digital piano from now on to the next month. I always played on an upright Rameau acoustic, so I wanted to know if a Casio CDP-100 is nice to begin with, thinking about the quality/price. Selled with the stand, the seat and headphones it cost 500 euros but I don't know much about the pedals, maybe should I buy it separetely.

So if you have some advices, other brand and models to suggest or propose I will i apprecite it.

Post subject: Re: Casio CDP-100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:15 pm 

Hi ryan,

I recently shopped for a digital and the CDP-100 was one of my finalists. I was never much of a Casio fan, but this one really impressed me.

However, the piano I chose in the end was the Yamaha P-95 - it also has a very heavy action like the CDP-100 but I preferred the sound of the P-95. Also the price is very good for what you get, I got it for equivalent of about 700 EUR (the CDP-100 was slightly more expensive here).

Best is if you ask your music store if you can compare these two side by side, both get an overwhelming thumbs up from me.

As far as a pedal goes, I'm using a Kurzweil KP-3 which I bought for around 50 EUR. It has a nice stiff action and seems quite rugged, as opposed to the horrible plastic pedal which came with the piano.

Hope you find this helpful

Allan