Fantasia Quasi Waltz Op.101

Discuss all aspects of composing, upload compositions, and discuss uploaded compositions.

Moderators: pianolady, techneut, robert

Fantasia Quasi Waltz Op.101

Postby EricQuezada » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:45 am

Please, tell me what you think, and hopefully it makes the grade.

Re: Fantasia Quasi Waltz Op.101

Postby Jackpringle123 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:56 am

Hi Eric,

You ask does it make the grade? If you are wishing to audition this piece I would recommend submitting it in the Audition section. Though I would send a message to the admins if it is worth your time. There were some nice things in your piece, the extension ladder arpeggios, the triplets and interesting timings. I had trouble believing that it was a piece that anybody could play on an acoustic piano. I assume this is an electronic simulation?

Never mind what I thought about it, what did you think of your piece?

Postby andrew » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:08 pm

My instincts are that initially it's rather charming, but after about bar 184 it starts to ramble and could do with some selective pruning for dramatic purposes. I'd say it's playable on an acoustic piano, but it's my guess that the recording has been made through the playback facility of something like Sibelius.

Site Admin

Postby techneut » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:43 pm

It's clearly a MIDI, to judge from the many artificial volume manipulations like at e.g. 1:18.
And sorry, it does not make the grade - even apart from the fact we don't do MIDI here.
Invention and harmonics are poor, there is no continuity or cohesion, it does not go anywhere, it just rambles on interminably. Sorry I can't find anything positive to say about this... I feel like a being a gripe but it can't be helped.
Nothing is always absolutely so -- Sturgeon's law
Chris Breemer

Return to “Composing”