Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:18 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Liszt & Chopin comparison
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:06 pm 
Out of both of these etudes, which one do you think requires more dedication to mastering and im comparison to one another, which one would be more difficult? of course both etudes are hard in their own way, but still, maybe one of them requires more practice to master.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LUH5Rb1JAU - liszt
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5SV8ldy ... e=related- Chopin

Post subject: Re: Liszt & Chopin comparison
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:00 am 

Not sure why did you chose such impersonal and uninteresting renditions of those pieces, when for Chasse Neige there are such performances floating around as those of Berman, Berezovsky (even most of the time I don't really like him), or Sofia Gulak.

For Chopin Etude Op. 25, No. 11 I'd recommend to listen to Sokolov.

I think the Chasse Neige is easier than Op. 25, No. 11, but on the other hand, to play either of those on a high pianistic and musical levels is equally difficult.

Something tells me though, you are just taking an opportunity to promote your hero. Sorry to tell you, I am not impressed, but that might be only me...

Best, M

Post subject: Re: Liszt & Chopin comparison
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:45 pm 
Marik wrote:
Not sure why did you chose such impersonal and uninteresting renditions of those pieces, when for Chasse Neige there are such performances floating around as those of Berman, Berezovsky (even most of the time I don't really like him), or Sofia Gulak.

For Chopin Etude Op. 25, No. 11 I'd recommend to listen to Sokolov.

I think the Chasse Neige is easier than Op. 25, No. 11, but on the other hand, to play either of those on a high pianistic and musical levels is equally difficult.

Something tells me though, you are just taking an opportunity to promote your hero. Sorry to tell you, I am not impressed, but that might be only me...

Best, M

I have listened to Berezosky's for the Liszt, and Richter/ Pollini for Chopin. In no way was I trying to promote him, but I felt his recordings were superior to others.
All the best,
Richard