Very Busy!

General discussions, error reporting, and feature requests.

Moderators: pianolady, techneut, robert

Very Busy!

Postby fluterific00 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:15 pm

Just would like to update what I am up to.
I've begun my work at the college. I have choir which is a paid activity as well as a possible amount of 10 piano students. If that's all I did, that'd be doing pretty well. It's not full time yet, but the lady I work for has not yet ruled that possibility out. I think I'm going to have my work cut out for me and I think I need to learn the gospel style playing because of the college I'm with. Any tips on the gospel style would be amazing. I understand mostly how it's done, but don't seem to execute it to well. I am really sad that the yamaha grand they have has a broken soundboard. I'd have a nice piano to make recordings on if it wasn't broken. It doesn't stay in tune real well. If you know a place that repairs them at an inexpensive cost, please let me know.
On top of Messenger College, I have my own home studio which is now beginning to grow. I have about 4 possibilities that are looking more possible and 2 that I need to set in stone a little better. This is on top of the 3 that I currently have. I've been networking and waiting a long time for it to really take off, but it's beginning to now.
As well as the two mentioned, I am still accompanying the Suzuki violin academy on 3 evenings so far. It will go to 4 later in the year.
I think I've made a good impression at the college so far. She would like me to stay there as long as possible. That's what I got when placing a simple ad in the paper calling for more piano students. You never know what will show up in the end if you just place an ad.
It'll take a couple of years or so, but I'll eventually get enough to own a grand piano of my own. Then, I will be able to make good recordings all the time. :)
Anyway, have a great day!
Happy playing.
Painting is just an advanced form of coloring. :D

Return to “General”