Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:15 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:11 am 

For the IRs, see the links to Acousticas and Signaltonoize that I gave above.

Here attached the demos with Acousticas + SIR1 and Signaltonoize + Liquidsonics. That's my current piano work, recorded today, with preset Tanglewood (a bit early, is'nt it in September?) from Bricasti M7. The reverb is exagerated a lot for the demo purpose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:15 am 

Thanks! Sounds really nice and natural. :wink:

I downloaded the first link (not the one for stereo) already, but I think I'll get the other one later. Do you need both, or can the less sophisticated one be trashed so save space on disk?

Also, I gotta figure out how the plugin I found works...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:46 am 

The zip file from signaltonoize will not open on Mac. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:55 am 

OK, I've pretty much given up on the plugin I found. It doesn't seem to work in Audacity though it shows up in the effects menu. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:23 am 

Quote:
I downloaded the first link (not the one for stereo) already, but I think I'll get the other one later. Do you need both, or can the less sophisticated one be trashed so save space on disk?

You need only one. If you don't worry working only with the single stereo IRs, you are done. Note that both IR sets works in stereo. A true stereo IR consisting in two stereo files, instead of one only, allows for generating two different stereo reverberation components, each one from a single channel of the stereo recording, which are summed. It's an audio purist approach, but one may not hear so much an improvement...

I did not succeeded also to make Audacity work with external plugins when I tested that some times ago. But it is most likely compatible...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:52 pm 

Hi Didier,
your examples sound wonderfully, both concerning sound-quality and playing! You really have improved your rhythmic steadiness enourmously. It´s very good now! And you play this with such a great musical feeling, that I´m deeply touched.
I like this Tanglewood preset and will try it out with my next recording, though may be the reverberation is indeed a bit exaggerated. Thanks to you that I´m able to applicate all these interesting ambiences and reverberation-settings, some of them I like more some not so, and some are really wonderful. All in all this is a great treasure you have given to us! :!:

To Horrowitzian:
During my researches with Bricasti M7 in one folder I have found an installation-introduction for MAC, if you would like I could look for it a second time. (Not sure, if I will find it again.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:40 pm 

If you could find it again — and it's not the one I've tried already :lol: — that would be a big help if you could find it. But take your time. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:42 pm 

Didier wrote:
Quote:

You need only one. If you don't worry working only with the single stereo IRs, you are done. Note that both IR sets works in stereo. A true stereo IR consisting in two stereo files, instead of one only, allows for generating two different stereo reverberation components, each one from a single channel of the stereo recording, which are summed. It's an audio purist approach, but one may not hear so much an improvement...

I did not succeeded also to make Audacity work with external plugins when I tested that some times ago. But it is most likely compatible...

OK, thanks. The true stereo zip wouldn't unarchive anyway, so it's a moot point. I'll stick with the more basic one. Now to make a plugin work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:14 pm 
Site Admin

Didier, Andreas and Horowitz - I have also downloaded that AccousticasM7-1 zip file and also the SIR 1 zip file. Can one of you please tell me how to get them into Audacity? Andreas mentioned sticking it into a VST plug-in folder. Where is that folder? If someone could explain this to me, I would be very very grateful. (but please use simple terms!:wink:)

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:40 pm 

On a Mac, it will be under "your user account"<Library<Audio<Plug-ins, if you look in Finder. Or you could do a spotlight search.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:51 pm 
Site Admin

Horowitzian wrote:
On a Mac, it will be under "your user account"<Library<Audio<Plug-ins, if you look in Finder. Or you could do a spotlight search.

What library? And what 'user account'? I don't have an account! Are we still talking about Audacity?
I am lost already. :? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:27 pm 

You are on a Mac, right? :wink:

Open Finder by clicking on the two-faced icon on the extreme left of the dock. On the left part of the Finder window there should be some lists, Devices, Places, etc. Under Places, there should be an item labeled with your username, with a house icon next to it. Click that. Then locate the folder named "Library". Inside Library, select the folder "Audio". Then select the "Plug-ins" folder, and finally there should be a VST folder. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:32 pm 
Site Admin

Horowitzian wrote:
You are on a Mac, right?

Nope - I'm on a PC.

Also, what does VST mean?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:39 pm 

Then I can't help ya! :D

Steinberg's Virtual Studio Technology. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:40 pm 

I just installed Audacity but did not succeed to make it work with SIR. The reason for that could be here: http://forum.audacityteam.org/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=7873
:cry:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next