Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:15 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:49 pm 

Techneut wrote:
Quote:
Haha yes, but not after you've done the complete Hanon first to loosen up these lazy fingers :lol:

No, I'm only used to Chopin and Brahms etudes. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:05 pm 

techneut wrote:
I've been to Stuttgart twice for work, once to Sindefingen and once to Boeblingen. It was a long time ago and will not likely happen again. Should I find myself in the neighbourhood suddenly, I'll come and play with you. And have a lavish dinner of course :lol:

Hahaha, I see the dinner thing appeals most of all :lol:
Sindelfingen and Böblingen are known as cities with much industries also to me. If you come to this area once more, let me know ;)

Quote:
But seriously, you should try find a piano partner via Internet. With your PS recordings as calling-card, it should not be so hard.

Thanks for the tip. You gave the same also about the chamber music partners, didn't you? I looked around internet sites, but I found the people in my region don't use the internet for such "local" things, but local newspapers or handbills in the supermarkets or in the libraries. But all the handbills I've seen so far are concerned with selling or buying used things, though. Maybe I should search the instrument possibility for myself first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:28 pm 

alf wrote:
My friend is a "she". Yes, I could drop by on my way to Pforzheim, but I could also map out a weekend trip to the Black Forest just to see you and play something together. This could be in Autumn or the next Spring.

OH, really? Then I'll be very happy and it'll be such a great pleasure to me!!! :D I should beginn practicing gradually! I almost quit playing after the birth of Sol-Ji :roll:

Quote:
I've just bought a new car, taking advantage of government eco-bonus, replacing my old VW Golf. And it's a Hyundai! :wink: It's bifuelled lpg, so I'm more inclined to do longer travels by car now.

Can you bring your stage piano to here with your new car? I'm still searching a digital and maybe buy one within the foreseeable future. Otherwise I could reserve the room where I can play sometimes, but the piano is not in a good condition :? Anyway, after your positive reaction the Schubert doesn't go away out of my head!

Quote:
By the way, I've recently had to replace the fridge, a ten-year GE, and I took a Samsung. So, as you can see, I'm going all the way South Korean! :lol:

I don't know much about cars, but I can say the Korean fridges are quite good. They must be very good to satisfy the pricky Korean housewives :) I just ordered an Italian product via internet. It's like a Ferari in the field about children: a baby buggy of Peg Perego :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:50 am 

Quote:
Can you bring your stage piano to here with your new car? I'm still searching a digital and maybe buy one within the foreseeable future. Otherwise I could reserve the room where I can play sometimes, but the piano is not in a good condition :? Anyway, after your positive reaction the Schubert doesn't go away out of my head!

My car trunk is not big enough for the Kawai, but I think that by lowering the back seats I'd be able to make room enough for it. We'll see. I've never played that Schubert Fantasie before, except some bits once at Sandro's home years ago. So I'd better learn it now. :lol:

Quote:
I don't know much about cars, but I can say the Korean fridges are quite good. They must be very good to satisfy the pricky Korean housewives :) I just ordered an Italian product via internet. It's like a Ferari in the field about children: a baby buggy of Peg Perego :D

Yes, Peg Perego is quite a good brand.

Alfonso Bertazzi, amateur pianist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:22 pm 
Site Admin

alf wrote:

Yes, Peg Perego is quite a good brand.

Hye-Jin, when my boys were a lot younger, I bought them a Peg Perego car. It was like a Jeep, rather large so they could both sit side-by-side next to each other while one of them drives. It ran on a huge battery almost the size of a real car battery, and they had a lot of fun with it. Lasted quite a long time too (through two boys and all their little friends. Except, one of my kids drove right through a bush and tore off the rear-view mirrors, but the car still kept running), so Peg Perego must indeed be a good brand.

and btw - my boys Jeep was red, but I think they make a pink "Barbie" car too, so get ready.... :)

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

Last edited by pianolady on Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:18 pm 

alf wrote:
My car trunk is not big enough for the Kawai, but I think that by lowering the back seats I'd be able to make room enough for it. We'll see. I've never played that Schubert Fantasie before, except some bits once at Sandro's home years ago. So I'd better learn it now. :lol:

I got to know that piece at my friend's home who is a piano teacher and was in a blind love to it for a while. I played it with my teacher a couple of times, but that was all. If I could play it properly with someone like you, that means one of my dreams around the piano comes true :wink:
By the way, as I tried to play it with my teacher, I found I need a page turner. Could your wife Monica do that for us and at the same time hear us and give us some advices? My husband will be certainly very busy about Sol-Ji :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:28 pm 

pianolady wrote:
Hye-Jin, when my boys were a lot younger, I bought them a Peg Perego car. It was like a Jeep, rather large so they could both sit side-by-side next to each other while one of them drives. It ran on a huge battery almost the size of a real car battery, and they had a lot of fun with it. Lasted quite a long time too (through two boys and all their little friends. Except, one of my kids drove right through a bush and tore off the rear-view mirrors, but the car still kept running), so Peg Perego must indeed be a good brand.

and btw - my boys Jeep was red, but I think they make a pink "Barbie" car too, so get ready.... :)

Ah, I once saw a car of Peg Perego in a supermarket, but I've never seen someone driving something like that. Anyway it's interesting to hear that a children car lasted so long and ran so well!
BTW how old are your sons, Monica? Are they in a high school?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:35 pm 
Site Admin

hyenal wrote:
Ah, I once saw a car of Peg Perego in a supermarket, but I've never seen someone driving something like that. Anyway it's interesting to hear that a children car lasted so long and ran so well!
BTW how old are your sons, Monica? Are they in a high school?

Here they are in that car when they were little:

And here they are now: My oldest just finished his first year in college, and my other one has one more year of high school. (I had them when I was 15 :wink:)

Image Image

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:23 pm 

pianolady wrote:
(I had them when I was 15 :wink:)

Get it done and over with: good philosophy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:45 pm 

Monica, your boys are good-looking :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:16 pm 

hyenal wrote:
By the way, as I tried to play it with my teacher, I found I need a page turner. Could your wife Monica do that for us and at the same time hear us and give us some advices? My husband will be certainly very busy about Sol-Ji :lol:

Monica can barely read music (she used to sing in an amateur choir, many years ago), I hope we'll work out a better solution than this one. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:26 pm 

Gosh, battery operated cars... Where are the pedal cars of former times like the one I had as a child? I'm oooold, Monica!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:43 pm 
Site Admin

Today Andreas and I had another go at the pieces we planned (Mozart KV 497 sonata and 3 Dvorak Slavonic Dances), this time we managed to get very decent recordings in audio and video. It was a very long day of hard work, from 10:30 until 20:30 (this including some breaks of course). This late Mozart Sonata is very demanding and we were thoroughly fed up with it in the end, or at least I was.
By comparison, the Dvorak Dances are almost a piece of cake - though we did not pick the hard ones to be honest. We did entertain the idea of someday recording them all, but lord knows where we'd get the time for that.

Andreas will have quite a lot of work to to fitting all the tracks together... I'm looking forward to the result. But before he goes home he'll have the pleasure of seeing me windsurfing for the first time since 20+ years. That will be a hoot :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:22 pm 

techneut wrote:
Today Andreas and I had another go at the pieces we planned (Mozart KV 497 sonata and 3 Dvorak Slavonic Dances), this time we managed to get very decent recordings in audio and video. It was a very long day of hard work, from 10:30 until 20:30 (this including some breaks of course).

Pianists' union won't be happy. :lol:

techneut wrote:
Andreas will have quite a lot of work to to fitting all the tracks together... I'm looking forward to the result. But before he goes home he'll have the pleasure of seeing me windsurfing for the first time since 20+ years. That will be a hoot :)

We want that video, also!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:46 am 
Site Admin

alf wrote:
We want that video, also!

Darm, I wish I had not said that now :lol:
Wind forecast for tomorrow is just about right for someone who's likely to be a bit rusty.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next