Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:14 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: pic of my family
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:29 am 

Recently I became a mom and in request of the baby pics from Chris and Andereas I'm posting some here. My baby is a girl (I'm hearing the question every day "Is it a boy or a girl?") and this pics were taken in her 7th week. She is now in the 10th week. Her name is Sol-Ji.
And because I guess the next reaction of you guys would be like "You haven't get us any photo of you!!!" I'm posting also a picture of myself and my husband :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:02 pm 
Site Admin

Nice to see you and your family ! Sol-Ji looks like an intelligent and inquisitive child, especially in the top right photo.

We could use this picture of you on your site page, what you say ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:24 pm 
Site Admin

I didn't see this yesterday.

Nice photos, Hye-Jin! You look exactly as I imagined. And Sol-Ji is a little cutie! Thanks for showing us. :)

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:57 pm 

Thanks Chris and Monica. Sol-Ji looks now differently from those photos again . A baby changes itself so quickly!

techneut wrote:
We could use this picture of you on your site page, what you say ?

Ok. I asked my husband whether he agrees (I think the hair style of him on this picture is very funny - he went to a very cheap barber shortly before this pic was taken :lol: ), and he agreed :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:32 pm 
Site Admin

I think Chris meant that we could crop the photo and just put your face up on the site. But we could go either way - however, the full photo would be very small and so you would hardly be visible on a computer screen.

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:33 pm 
Site Admin

hyenal wrote:
Ok. I asked my husband whether he agrees (I think the hair style of him on this picture is very funny - he went to a very cheap barber shortly before this pic was taken :lol: ), and he agreed :wink:

I was not suggesting using the entire picture - just cut out the part that shows you. We like to have 'passport' style photos, boring as they may be. Let me know if that's ok with you. Or maybe you have a better photo - this one's a bit shady.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:09 am 

Hi Hye-Jin,
how nice to see you and your cute little baby on the foto! I have also a three years old son, so I´m glad, that I´m not the only one, who joins to the group of human beings called "parents". :lol:
I wish you, your husband and your little cohabitant all the best for your common future!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:21 am 

Congratulations on your beautiful little one, Hye-Jin! It is great to see a picture of you and your husband too. :D

Though everything else may appear shallow and repulsive, even the smallest task in music is so absorbing, and carries us so far away from town, country, earth, and all worldly things, that it is truly a blessed gift of God.

Felix Mendelssohn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:02 pm 

techneut wrote:
I was not suggesting using the entire picture - just cut out the part that shows you. We like to have 'passport' style photos, boring as they may be. Let me know if that's ok with you. Or maybe you have a better photo - this one's a bit shady.

Oh, I misunderstood. I saw some members' pics on their pages which were taken together with their partners. Maybe this isn't the case any more. It's ok with me, sure. I could have a better one - which I don't know exactly.... I hate to see my face on photos :? - but it will take a long time again to find another one :lol: But may I ask you to cut my face of this entire photo, Chris? I'm very sorry because I know you are really busy. I had tried to cut many faces of myself from other photos to submit a photo for my PS page, but was never satisfied.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:15 pm 

musicusblau wrote:
Hi Hye-Jin,
how nice to see you and your cute little baby on the foto! I have also a three years old son, so I´m glad, that I´m not the only one, who joins to the group of human beings called "parents". :lol:
I wish you, your husband and your little cohabitant all the best for your common future!

Thanks Andreas! So far as I know Monica has two sons - btw Monica, thank you so much for the useful infos of you as an experienced mom, which you gave me on another post (maybe on the thread of your Scriabin)! Sol-Ji has no more colic, because she I think is older than 3 months now(In german you say 3-Monats-Kolik). But she often refuses to drink, so I brought her to a paediatrician. He says however she is too lazy... - and Chris has two children, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:21 pm 

sarah wrote:
Congratulations on your beautiful little one, Hye-Jin! It is great to see a picture of you and your husband too. :D

Thanks for your kind words, Sarah! Today it happend to me to find your website link and to see your picture, too!!! It was very nice! How does your calligraphy business go? If I lived in the US, I could order some beautiful pen products of you...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:36 pm 

You are very kind! Yes, my business is going well, and I've been busy with several weddings this month - doing the envelope sets, placecards, banners, and the like. How is your work on your doctorate going? :D

Though everything else may appear shallow and repulsive, even the smallest task in music is so absorbing, and carries us so far away from town, country, earth, and all worldly things, that it is truly a blessed gift of God.

Felix Mendelssohn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:10 pm 

The wedding decorated by your hands will be surely beautiful!
I don't have much time for myself any more (hopefully this periode will be quickly over), thus I can work on the doctorate only very slowly. You know, a few months ago it seemed that I was nearly on the last phase, but nowadays it looks differently :?
Did you finish your piano shopping, sarah? I've read your story on the forum. But I couldn't watch the video clip you posted. Strange.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:02 pm 

I know you must be very busy with Sol-Ji - a good kind of busy. :D Little ones seem to repay all of the effort you put into them. I think it's wonderful that your school lets you work at your own pace so that you can do both! :D

You know, I think the admins sometimes take down video clips after a while in order to save space, so that might be what happened with the one I put up. Happily, I did recently decide on a piano to purchase - a 5'10" Boston, in ebony polish. I have been in ecstasy for the last several weeks! :lol: When I get a little time I'll try to put up something about it so you can see it. :D

Felix Mendelssohn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:44 pm 

sarah wrote:
Happily, I did recently decide on a piano to purchase - a 5'10" Boston, in ebony polish. I have been in ecstasy for the last several weeks! :lol:

Wow, that's a good news! I'm happy for you :D

Quote:
When I get a little time I'll try to put up something about it so you can see it. :D

Oh, I can't wait!!!