Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:06 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Forums Suggestions
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:41 am
Posts: 282
Location: Texas,USA
Hello all

I have two small suggestions which I think will improve the forums and make it cleaner:

1.create a board for Piano Society artists(pianists and composers) to announce their concerts

2.create a board for reporting bugs and such

_________________
Avguste Antonov
Concert Pianist
http://www.avgusteantonov.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:03 pm
Posts: 2388
Location: Obamanation, unfortunately...
I agree. Let me throw this earmark into the proposal ( :lol: ):

3) Has the "Piano" board really served a purpose? Judging by the long periods between posts within the board, the board itself has become a third wheel. How long can one hold a conversation about the best maker of pianos without reaching a point of redundancy?


Just a thought to consider; no malice intended.

-Amateur

_________________
Madam, what makes you think that I play with my hands?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:41 am
Posts: 282
Location: Texas,USA
another suggestion.
Have a concert news feed on the home page that lists performances by current Piano Society members
Also, the bugs board could also be used for current members to post requests/updates concerning their profiles and such

_________________
Avguste Antonov
Concert Pianist
http://www.avgusteantonov.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forums Suggestions
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:33 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:45 am
Posts: 9572
Location: Netherlands
avguste wrote:
1.create a board for Piano Society artists(pianists and composers) to announce their concerts


A concert agenda was one of the plans of Robert once. I think he/we gave up on it as there was hardly any input. I believe if there was to be a concert agenda, it should be on the main site, not inside the forum where it would be of limited interest. Actually, a pianists's page should have a link to that pianists's concert agenda.

avguste wrote:
2.create a board for reporting bugs and such

This is what the General Forum is for, as per its description:

Code:
General discussions and this is also the forum to report errors, suggestions or post feature requests.


I'd be in favour of reducing the number of forums, rather than adding to them. Some of them are of marginal interest at best.

_________________
Nothing is always absolutely so -- Sturgeon's law
Chris Breemer


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forums Suggestions
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:35 am
Posts: 1418
Location: Gulfport, MS, USA
techneut wrote:
avguste wrote:
2.create a board for reporting bugs and such

This is what the General Forum is for

Hmm, I always thought that's what this board was for, but now I realize it's probably just intended for discussion of the PS main page maintenance...

_________________
"Z Czernym poznałem się na panie brat—na dwa fortepiana często z nim u niego grywałem. Dobry człowiek, ale nic więcej..." - Fryderyk Chopin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forums Suggestions
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:48 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:45 am
Posts: 9572
Location: Netherlands
Terez wrote:
Hmm, I always thought that's what this board was for, but now I realize it's probably just intended for discussion of the PS main page maintenance...

Think what you may, but each board is for what it says it's for :lol:

_________________
Nothing is always absolutely so -- Sturgeon's law
Chris Breemer


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forums Suggestions
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:41 am
Posts: 282
Location: Texas,USA
techneut wrote:
avguste wrote:
1.create a board for Piano Society artists(pianists and composers) to announce their concerts


A concert agenda was one of the plans of Robert once. I think he/we gave up on it as there was hardly any input. I believe if there was to be a concert agenda, it should be on the main site, not inside the forum where it would be of limited interest. Actually, a pianists's page should have a link to that pianists's concert agenda.

avguste wrote:
2.create a board for reporting bugs and such

This is what the General Forum is for, as per its description:

Code:
General discussions and this is also the forum to report errors, suggestions or post feature requests.


I'd be in favour of reducing the number of forums, rather than adding to them. Some of them are of marginal interest at best.


Agreed on the concert agenda.Anyway to make this happen? ;)
Maybe just add one of the available calendars(Google and such)?

Also fair enough for the General Discussions :)

_________________
Avguste Antonov
Concert Pianist
http://www.avgusteantonov.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forums Suggestions
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:11 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:45 am
Posts: 9572
Location: Netherlands
avguste wrote:
Agreed on the concert agenda.Anyway to make this happen? ;)
Maybe just add one of the available calendars(Google and such)?

I don't feel like maintaining concert agendas, we have enough to do as it is. I think that should be a pianists's own responsibility. If you or anyone else provide a link to a calender somewhere on the web I'd be happy to add the link to the relevant page, and maybe collect these links somewhere on a central page and maybe also in a sticky topic in the forum.

_________________
Nothing is always absolutely so -- Sturgeon's law
Chris Breemer


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forums Suggestions
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:41 am
Posts: 282
Location: Texas,USA
techneut wrote:
avguste wrote:
Agreed on the concert agenda.Anyway to make this happen? ;)
Maybe just add one of the available calendars(Google and such)?

I don't feel like maintaining concert agendas, we have enough to do as it is. I think that should be a pianists's own responsibility. If you or anyone else provide a link to a calender somewhere on the web I'd be happy to add the link to the relevant page, and maybe collect these links somewhere on a central page and maybe also in a sticky topic in the forum.


I will see what I can find.I like your idea of having it on the main site,but I was thinking of something along the lines of a feed or something.

On another note,what if I was the one dealing with updating the calendar and such?I would be more than happy to do so

_________________
Avguste Antonov
Concert Pianist
http://www.avgusteantonov.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:41 am
Posts: 282
Location: Texas,USA
How about using the Google Aps http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/group/index.html ?

I have began working on a Google calendar to list the Piano Society members performances and I will make soon a post asking for beta testers

_________________
Avguste Antonov
Concert Pianist
http://www.avgusteantonov.com


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group