Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:32 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Consolation and Warsaw Waltzes
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:46 am 

Here are some more compositions, I can get people the sheet music if you'd like, I'm just hoping they bring a smile to someone's day.

The first three are my set of Warsaw Waltzes. Looking back, they're a bit childish, but I still like them a lot, especially the third.

The last file is my "Consolation". It's in D flat major, and I wrote in to it thing I've never heard a pianist actually able to do. It is my belief that a composer should challenge instrumentalists at times- much of Mozarts piano music was unplayable at the time. No pianist I've met has been willing to touch this Consolation, so if one of you can do it, you get a cookie, and my immense respect.

Warsaw Waltz No. 1 in B Minor
Click here to watch Warsaw-Waltz-No-1-82

Warsaw Waltz No. 2 in Eb Minor
Click here to watch Warsaw-Waltz-No-2

Warsaw Waltz No. 3 in C Major
Click here to watch Warsaw-Waltz-No-3

Consolation in Db Major
Click here to watch Consolation-in-D-Flat-Major

These are all copyrighted and blah blah blah (my lawyer asks me to say this). Enjoy!

Andrew

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:09 am 

Somehow I cannot listen to the files. Why don't you directly upload them to the forum instead of going through a confusing website?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:29 am 
Site Admin

juufa72 wrote:
Somehow I cannot listen to the files. Why don't you directly upload them to the forum instead of going through a confusing website?

The website is not confusing and the links work just fine. Posting links at least has the advantage that we do not have to remember to delete the files after a while.

grandevalse wrote:
The first three are my set of Warsaw Waltzes. Looking back, they're a bit childish, but I still like them a lot, especially the third.

They are that, yes. Indeed the third is the most convincing of them, having a nice jolly bounce. The second has some interesting twists, and the first, well, ummmm.......

grandevalse wrote:
The last file is my "Consolation". It's in D flat major, and I wrote in to it thing I've never heard a pianist actually able to do. It is my belief that a composer should challenge instrumentalists at times- much of Mozarts piano music was unplayable at the time. No pianist I've met has been willing to touch this Consolation, so if one of you can do it, you get a cookie, and my immense respect.

I heard nothing unplayable or especially challenging here. If there are such things in it at all, they don't seem to be in relation to the musical content. Not to put too fine a point on it, I find this an uninspired an unappealing piece of work.

The bloodless midi recordings of course don't help here. I hope you'll find someone willing to play and record these pieces.