Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:07 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:01 pm 
Site Admin

Have just listened to and uploaded (to the site) the first post of of recordings (9) of this topic. I am deeply impressed. The only thing I would want is a more furious version of Scriabin 8/12 but that is a personal matter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:01 am 

Hmmm . . . I wonder why the Nocturne seems to be the most popular download . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:28 am 
Site Admin

Just listened to the Grieg concerto and it has its good moments and I am pretty sure you can do a lot better than this. So the are a LOT of potential for a really good version.

As you said, you had a memory slip which disturbed you through the rest of the concerto but you came through it pretty well anyway. I've had that many times, especially through my rock/pop careér and even forgot what the number on one of the keyboards (I usually had three) the hammond organ sound was once. That sounded pretty screwed up as it was my solo :oops:. I know how the ice-cold feeling running down your back feels when it suddenly (and always out of nowhere) hits you that you cannot remember what comes next. Second plan? Well, you know the key so here is where your improvising skills comes in ;).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:33 am 
Site Admin

Regarding your own compositions. You might have seen that we have an area for member composer and I could add you there as well with your own compositions if you wish? I thought it was interesting listening to them and even though it is a synthesized orchestra, I believe this is good enough as I understand how hard it is to be able to have the attention to a real orchestra for your own composition. However, I will clearly mark that as a side note to the recording if you want it up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:26 am 

Yes, I had noticed before that you had an area for "member composers".

If you think they're good enough, I would be delighted to have my pieces put up. Let me know if you'd like more information, for example the names of the other performers in the Symphonic Rhapsody, etc.