Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:34 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Chopin - etude op 10/1 return
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:01 am 

Hey guys, I did this recording last night straight after work. I did two takes, one slow and one happy tempo. I am addicted to recording and op10/1. :-)

This has no editing. I hit one wrong note. I am sure I have improved since last week. I only did 5X a day slow practice since last week.

Please let me know what you think.

Last edited by johnmar78 on Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:20 am 

Sounds very well to me! Keep on your addiction towards 10/1, and keep on with the patience to not speed up too soon!

Especially I like your tone and the proper accents on the melody notes. Before you speed up you could check for complete eveness all way through. You are very well in that, beside only some spots. But you know better than me, uneven spots will not get more even through speed, only through slow practising and patience. If I only would be patient enough myself and would force myself to slow down more often, my output would be probably getting better too :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:30 am 
Site Admin

I do keep feeling that the Audition Room is not intended for daily/weekly progress monitoring like this, however useful it may be. IMO these postings and discussions should be done in the 'Technique' forum, until such time when the recording is considered 'finished' enough for publication on the site. Only then should it be posted in the Audition Room. Or at least I believe that was the idea behind the Audition Room, as suggested by its description.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:25 pm 

MindenBlues wrote:
Sounds very well to me! Keep on your addiction towards 10/1, and keep on with the patience to not speed up too soon!

Especially I like your tone and the proper accents on the melody notes. Before you speed up you could check for complete eveness all way through. You are very well in that, beside only some spots. But you know better than me, uneven spots will not get more even through speed, only through slow practising and patience. If I only would be patient enough myself and would force myself to slow down more often, my output would be probably getting better too :roll:

Thanks Olaf, thats it. I am back in practice room doing slow trainning and refining some bad spots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:28 pm 

techneut wrote:
I do keep feeling that the Audition Room is not intended for daily/weekly progress monitoring like this, however useful it may be. IMO these postings and discussions should be done in the 'Technique' forum, until such time when the recording is considered 'finished' enough for publication on the site. Only then should it be posted in the Audition Room. Or at least I believe that was the idea behind the Audition Room, as suggested by its description.

OK, OKO.....Chris, I know you are doing your job, ok..no offense will be taken. I think thats where you started the BAD ATOMSPHERE as you mentioned before. I will give it a break for now to keep PIANO FORUM SITE HAPPY.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:48 pm 

Sorry for any clutter, Chris. From this point, I will not editorialize in the audition room. If I post here again, it will be finished recordings only.

JM, Chris is not creating bad atmosphere, he just wants his forum organized.

PJF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:54 am 
Site Admin

Perhaps we should have a 'Class Room' forum where ongoing work can be discussed on a regular basis. To me this is definitely not what the Audition Room is intended for, but other opinions are welcome of course. If you people don't agree I will happily shut up about it.

But not sure what this has to do with atmosphere ... :? Bad atmosphere only starts when people start to shout (or in this case, capitalize). Let's not do that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:22 pm 

no worries Chris. lets have a open talk, I know its your web site and we APPRECIATE it very much.

Lets think that we all progress in a differnt speed, some people are very shy about submit there work to audition room or vice versa. The only way to the get improvement...apart from myself is either 1) get a piano teacher(s) 2) get onto the forum get everyones opninoin, and got back to the drawing room and come up with a better version. I am sure more eyes better than just one pair of eyes.(bad english hey!)

Some people are reluctant to do that, but I dnt. Otherwise, how can people get there feed backs without submitting there works. :roll:

Unless, this is a truly profeesional site...and there is no point to sumit there work-since they are so good in there own ground-you have to beleive in you self that you are good in your own product.
Other then self promting there goods and sharing there music that make life better for everyone.

So, for the less advance players we should give them more chance and opportunities to sumbit there work with out any prejudice or site opnions....(am I sound too serious??)

Do you guys think this is a fair say?

Myself, I am not selling, but only for charities.

ps, class room section is fine but is that necessary???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:30 pm 
Site Admin

It's not my site johnmar, I have just somehow got into the role of admin/moderator, critic and general pain-in-the-bottom.

Yes you have a point, there must be a place for people to get feedback on their progress. And of course Audition Room can't be only for the 'finished' product because there is no such thing - there's always something to nag and there's always a reason to want to do it even better.

Whether a 'Class Room' is necessary, I am not sure. What is necessary ? Sure we can use the Audition Room as a teaching ground, it is not really worth the argument. Only thing I would say is that if the same person submits many re-takes of the same piece in a short time, as in your case, I tend to switch off and not listen to them anymore. That could be just me, not being born a piano teacher. Luckily most people are more patient (and less opinionated) than me.

I rest my case. Post away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:58 pm 

thanks pal. Patience is a virtue. I am a SICK pianist even not profeesionally full time. I did once for 8 years as a full time piano teacher run by my own business.

Thanks again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:52 am 

I'm on the other side of the patience spectrum. No matter how long something lasts, I'm in it to the bitter end. That either means I'm very patient, or insane. I'm not sure which is which. (Kidding, (i hope.))Wherever we talk about piano is fine with me! However, I think for ongoing projects or for pedagogical banter, a seperate forum from 'The Audition Room' should be used, if only for organizational reasons. Classroom Forum sounds like a good idea to me.

Robert, would you set us straight?

Pete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:02 am 

ha ha haaaaa Pete, you are a funny man indeed. i mean this comes from creative mind.

So, be in it. and fight to the end,,as bruce lee once said..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:04 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
So, be in it. and fight to the end,,as bruce lee once said..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bollocks. Don't be a nut about success. If you don't succeed at first, give up. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:12 pm 

techneut wrote:
Quote:

Bollocks. Don't be a nut about success. If you don't succeed at first, give up. :wink:

Ha.. ha.. ha You are a funny man too, Your English is very good indeed.

You are true about that :lol: :lol: B.Lee was a crazy bad tempered guy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:39 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Your English is very good indeed.

Yeah I know :D Got that one from the Internet though. Nice one to remember.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:15 pm 

ha haaaa you made me laugh, again good one.,,,,the reason I picked that word "bollocks" is we dnt use that word in australia. So I knew it.