It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:01 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:41 pm 

Moscheles couldn't play Chopin either. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:52 pm 

Dear Level Zero (strange nickname..)

I liked you description of your studying practises and ik think it deserves better answers than you have received until so far. I have thougth a lot about how to make fingers smarter, faster etc.. it all has to do with cooperation amongst fingers and with the way the rest of the body enables the cooperation between the fingers.

I have written a little booklet about this topics. It is called "a new finger management method".

http://www.vitha.nl/paginas/downloads/f ... gement.pdf

In it i combine my knowledge of piano playing with my knowledge of management practises. I regard fingers as members of a team that can be managed. First i compare common managememt practises with common development of piano technique. Then i propose a method that leads to a more advanced cooperation amongs fingers and i call that the "new finger management".

From what i have read from you, you are in the orientation phase of this method (see the booklet). Now you need to advance to the second phase, a phase of experiment!!

Good luck!! ( i use this method myself and i am at the end of stage 4)

Peter Schuttevaar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:15 am 
Site Admin

pepasch wrote:
In it i combine my knowledge of piano playing with my knowledge of management practises. I regard fingers as members of a team that can be managed. First i compare common managememt practises with common development of piano technique. Then i propose a method that leads to a more advanced cooperation amongs fingers and i call that the "new finger management".

Be sure to have weekly progress meetings with them, a project status evaluation meeting each month, and a team building event once a year :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:31 am 

A weekly progress meetings would be something like a piano lesson.

A project status evaluation meeting each month would be like a group lesson where you can exhibit your talents to other pupils.

And a team building event once a year would be something like a public performance and/or an examination.

Greetings from Peter