Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:10 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Advertising and listening ticket
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:39 am 
Site Admin

In my attempt to get some more income to PianoSociety, I have placed Advertising using Bidvertiser on the site and at the top of this forum. Everytime anyone clicks on a link from Bidvertiser, PianoSociety gets a small income. While of course you may at any time visit these links, please do not "overclick" them as that might ban PianoSociety from the service.

I have at the same time implemented a new requirement for listening to the music which is a "listening ticket". If you try to click a link directly without first being on the site or type in the URL directly to the music in your browser or favorite music player, it will not work and you will be directed to a page explaining why. Just follow the link from this page back to the site and you can download anything just as before in 4 hours. After 4 hours, you need to grant yourself this ticket again.

The reason I have implemented this "feature" is that there are people who have implemented services around PianoSociety, presenting the recordings as their own from their own directories. When visitors download the music from there, they use the bandwidth from PianoSociety and most important, they do not even visit our page which I think is unfair to all you pianists spending endless amount of time creating the recordings. I have done quite some testing around the "feature" and it works good for me in both IE and FireFox. Just report back to me if there are any problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:04 am 
Site Admin

Please Read

About Advertising. This is only for you people who believe your business could benefit from being visible at Piano Society (or if you know someone).

There is a function at the bottom to the right which says "ADVERTISE HERE!". If you press this link, you will be taken to Bidvertiser and be given instructions on how to advertise specifically on Piano Society. You choose how much money in total you wish to spend and how much money each click on your Advertiser will generate for Piano Society. So to speak, you in very much control.

At the moment, I am not willing to give exclusive rights to anyone (unless there is A LOT money involved) but I am willing to remove any general advertiser who's business is not suitable along with someone who specifically wants to advertise on Piano Society.

So if you have connections on for example Steinway, Kawai, Yamaha, Naxos, Amazon etc., use them ;).

What is the money for? Well, most of you know by now that running Piano Society involves outcomes and they seem to be at about $2,100 per year. The donations work great but I have decided to look at other options as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:03 pm 
Site Admin

Bidvertiser did provide the expect income so I have removed them from the site. If you still find them anywhere (I could have missed a spot), please let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:18 pm 
Site Admin

Ads show up on the very bottom of the home page, right at the edge of the screen. Also, the ISMLP logo covers up some text on the screen. On my screen it is half-way down the page, but over from the left side about 1/3 of the way. Maybe because I have a wide screen monitor and things are different on my screen? You don't have to change it if that's the case, unless many others have wide screens also.

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:58 pm 
Site Admin

? This is what it looks like for me (and the ads at the bottom should stay, they pay one month in advance).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:14 pm 
Site Admin

Robert - I can't seem to put up images. I once did it around a couple weeks ago, but now it will not work. Maybe because I am trying to put up a screen shot and I don't know how to do that. My youngest son put this screen shot up for me. He did all this downloading, uploading, copy, paste, open up this, open up that, I don't know what he did. He has a server too because he runs a game site. So here is my screen and the ismpl logo also covers up text on the list of Chopin mazurka recordings. Isn't it weird how it's over to the left on your screen, but moved in on mine? Don't worry if this is only my computer. I can live with it.

p.s. Can you or anyone tell me again how to paste images?

p.s.s. You can delete this big image or I will do it later.

Last edited by pianolady on Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:43 am 
Site Admin

Made a change. Does it look better?

The reason you cannot include pages is that you first need to upload it to a public web server first. You do not have access to do so as you do not have an account on the server. Only in the web gui which is a big difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:40 pm 
Site Admin

Oh yes! It's perfect, now. Off to the left side where it's supposed to be. Thanks :)