Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:58 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: What do you think of my teacher's recordings?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:52 pm 

http://www.esu.edu/music/miller.html

There's a link to recordings there.

These recordings are from last year, before he went on tour to Australia.

If I could find his recording of Beethoven's fifth concerto, I'll upload it, but it's a matter of scavanging through 1000+ CDs of classical music... His Beethoven stuff, I think is what he plays best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:30 pm 

Very impressive, AJ. Too bad the recording quality wasn't so good. I thought the Albeniz was a well-interpreted Spanish romp - I really enjoyed that. The Mendelssohn was very good too, although I might wish for a little more poetic expression in the tender moments (especially near the beginning). And I'd use some pedal for that grand, keyboard-encompassing arpeggio at the end. Man, your teacher really got after that MacDowell. Some great keyboard fireworks! The Chopin was well done, too, in my humble opinion. A sensitive job with all the "ups and downs" inherent in Chopin.

Though everything else may appear shallow and repulsive, even the smallest task in music is so absorbing, and carries us so far away from town, country, earth, and all worldly things, that it is truly a blessed gift of God.

Felix Mendelssohn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:38 am 

Thanks for the kind words. I feel like they're directed towards me, because I'm so close to my teacher.