Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:42 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:04 am 

amelialw wrote:
Terez wrote:
hehe...see? Her name is Amelia. :) I had a great-great-aunt named Amelia. We called her Aunt Melo...

yeah, every so often when i go for an exam or go to a music shop, people will ask what my name is. When I tell them, they always go aww...that's such a sweet name. My aunt/ grandaunt etc. has the same name.

:lol: I believe it - some names just get generational implications, and Amelia is one of those. It goes in the same category as Gertrude, Mildred, Henrietta, and quite a few others.

I think Amelia is prettier than the others, though - the camellia is a very common flower where I live, and one of my favorites. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:20 am 

Terez wrote:
amelialw wrote:
Terez wrote:
hehe...see? Her name is Amelia. :) I had a great-great-aunt named Amelia. We called her Aunt Melo...

yeah, every so often when i go for an exam or go to a music shop, people will ask what my name is. When I tell them, they always go aww...that's such a sweet name. My aunt/ grandaunt etc. has the same name.

:lol: I believe it - some names just get generational implications, and Amelia is one of those. It goes in the same category as Gertrude, Mildred, Henrietta, and quite a few others.

I think Amelia is prettier than the others, though - the camellia is a very common flower where I live, and one of my favorites. ;)

thank you, you're so sweet.

btw I think we are going wayy of topic here :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:47 am 

Well, the original topic ranges from depressing to annoying, so the diversion was enjoyable. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:15 pm 

Watch this young man and his vids, incredible, I'm not sure if he has done something else than playing the piano in his life.......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHzZDdhQSnk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:19 pm 

I bet he has, cause there's a violin under the piano. :lol: Or maybe it's a viola....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:06 pm 
Site Admin

PJF wrote:
amelialw wrote:

you want a real child prodigy, take a look at the videos of this little japanese girl Ami Kobayashi.
She is so young but plays with so much expression etc. http://www.youtube.com/user/klingsor93

Holy crap!!!

She's one in a billion.

My God! I used to play that one and not even close with the same technical and musical quality. Makes me look like a fool ;).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:12 pm 

Terez wrote:

Amelia, if you want your quote tags to work properly, you have to disable HTML, either in your profile or in the check boxes at the bottom of each post.

Yes, I couldn't see the forest through the trees! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:13 pm 

robert wrote:
PJF wrote:
amelialw wrote:

you want a real child prodigy, take a look at the videos of this little japanese girl Ami Kobayashi.
She is so young but plays with so much expression etc. http://www.youtube.com/user/klingsor93

Holy crap!!!

She's one in a billion.

My God! I used to play that one and not even close with the same technical and musical quality. Makes me look like a fool ;).

I think we all (to varying degrees) look the fool near the likes of her! Oh well, I don't let it get to me...much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:59 pm 

Look on what I stumbled today, not really that young, but interesting:
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEefsdhw1wg
aha, now I found that he was a young virtuoso:
:shock: :shock: http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=KFckugjfHkc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:13 pm 

Thread resurrection!

I'm too lazy to go through the thread and see if this girl has been posted before, but I have seen musicblau commenting on her videos (I didn't look at many of them, because I didn't find anything quickly that made me as happy as the first one). I love that etude.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:17 pm 

Terez wrote:
Thread resurrection!

I'm too lazy to go through the thread and see if this girl has been posted before, but I have seen musicblau commenting on her videos (I didn't look at many of them, because I didn't find anything quickly that made me as happy as the first one). I love that etude.

Very nice, I love this "heavy" intonation towards Chopin music ( see A. Rubinstein version of op. 27 no. 1 Nocturne, for instance )