Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:04 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Saying "Howdy" for a moment.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:42 am 

Hi folks,

Sorry that I have left again for awhile. Besides my family issues, I am now playing piano and directing the pit combo for the local theater's production of "Little Shop of Horrors". This will be my 4th time to work with this show and my first time to have an almost complete combo (no bass, but he is being recruited as we speak). Actually, that is the least tricky part since the bass is in the piano (though on those songs that we rock out, it would be nice to have a real one.) But, the difficult part has always been the second keyboard player, who should be responsible for 3 keyboards, but I had to work it out for 2. I spent over 24 hours just programming the sounds necessary.) Had a combo rehearsal yesterday and WE ARE GOING TO ROCK THE HOUSE.

I know that some of you purists may not appreciate this - we are using electronic and digital keyboards, including piano, and it is not classical (YET)), but, I am a child of the 50's, 60's, and 70's (as well as later decades) and I like this music too.

This particular production is being put together in just a little over a month. It may not be an off-Broadway production, but I can assure you that it is going to be something that is worth seeing (I have my standards -- yes, it is community theater, but Kathleen, the director, and I don't like crap.)

I guess that I am working for a kind of advert -- if you are anywhere near East Central Illinois on Aug 4 or 5, come see the play. We are 109 miles south of Chicago on Illinois Route 1 (Halsted Street on the south side is the beginning.) [If we still had the passanger train, that was abandoned in the '60s, all you would have to do is go to Deerborn Station and take the "Doodle Bug" south).

Just to help make it legit, I'm making no money on this. (I've actually spent some).

Post subject: Re: Saying "Howdy" for a moment.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:06 pm 
Site Admin

Good luck with your production, Scott. Sounds fun! :)

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano