Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:57 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Looking for pianist to collaborate with rock drummer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:37 pm 

Good day.
I'm a drummer with a small studio that grew up on music such as Emerson,Lake and Palmer, Yes, and Kansas, (As well as most all types of 60-80's rock.)

I'd enjoy adding drum tracks to original piano / keyboard pieces. I'm bored playing to existing music, and I'm looking to be creative to new types of music in an ELP vein. I have done some professional recording, and would be glad to provide tracks of my previous projects.

If you have any recorded tracks that might sound interesting or unique with a flavorful drum track, feel free to send them to me. Or, I'd be happy to collaborate on any other projects of similar interest.

Feel free to contact me at marknemcek@comcast.net.
Thanks for your interest. Mark.

Post subject: Re: Looking for pianist to collaborate with rock drummer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:51 pm 
Site Admin

Hello Mark,

Welcome to Piano Society :) . Although, it's not everyday we get a drummer interested in our site.... :wink: :)

I grew up with those bands too and used to buy all their music books transcribed for piano. I'd sit and play and pretend I was actually IN those bands...haha. Anyway, most of our piano music is classical and not original music. However, there are some original compositions in our Composing forum, though. You can try posting this message also in that forum and maybe one our 'composers' will take an interest in your request. If not, you can always try drumming to something classical, although I've never imagined a drum line going along with Chopin or Mozart. Would be sort of interesting to hear something like that though.

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:50 pm 

pianolady wrote:
you can always try drumming to something classical, although I've never imagined a drum line going along with Chopin or Mozart. Would be sort of interesting to hear something like that though.
I'm beginning to hear the Mozart G minor symphony No 40 or the Beethoven 5th as that Classical disco stuff at 1/4-note=120. :P Ya hear it?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:57 pm 
Site Admin

Not exactly the right place to post a request like this....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:24 pm 
Site Admin

musical-md wrote:
pianolady wrote:
you can always try drumming to something classical, although I've never imagined a drum line going along with Chopin or Mozart. Would be sort of interesting to hear something like that though.
I'm beginning to hear the Mozart G minor symphony No 40 or the Beethoven 5th as that Classical disco stuff at 1/4-note=120. :P Ya hear it?

Oh yeah, I remember that Beethoven 5th disco stuff. Pretty horrible!

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano