Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:11 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Greetings
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:24 pm 

Greetings from a newbie to all Piano Society members

The reason why I joined at this stage is just to participate in discussing all things piano and hopefully to learn a lot from more accomplished players.

First of all I can't tell you how much I love listening (and playing) piano music, I especially like classical music by Chopin, List, Beethoven, Schuman, Vivaldi (and lots of others). Unfortunately I'm still not very good at playing, I guess I just gota practice practice practice. Just recently finding Classiccat and then PS has really motivated me not to give up and to work really really hard at my piano practicing. Also what I find so great about PS is that with any piece I'm learning to play I can get a lot of inspiration about that piece just by listening to how others have played it.

Post subject: Re: Greetings
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:06 am 
Site Admin

Hello jono7, and thank you! We are glad you found us and that you enjoy listening to our recordings. Feel free to participate in our forum as much as you like, and maybe one day we will hear you play! :)

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:20 am 

Welcome, Jono7! How nice for you to introduce yourself. Keep practicing - that's the way to success! I hope you have a good teacher, too. I wish you all the best in your piano work.

Though everything else may appear shallow and repulsive, even the smallest task in music is so absorbing, and carries us so far away from town, country, earth, and all worldly things, that it is truly a blessed gift of God.

Felix Mendelssohn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:02 pm 

Welcome Jono7! I think you will enjoy your time here with us!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:29 pm 

Welcome Jono7!
Quote:
Unfortunately I'm still not very good at playing, I guess I just gota practice practice practice.

All of us likely feel that same impulse, and I for one have to Practice, practice, practice too!
I hope your experience here will be a good one. As with any family, sometimes we too have heated arguments, but usually they end amicably. The wonderful thing about piano literature, is that there are beautiful works for all levels of playing!

Regards,
Eddy