Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:41 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Birthday video with music of Wagner, Bach, Debussy and so on
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:01 pm 

I made a video for the first birthday party of my daughter (on April 18th) and would like to share it with you guys. The guests liked it very much, but I'm not sure if you will like it, too, since the texts on this video are written in Korean and German (except an Italian sentence). But it doesn't have any profound content, either, so it would not disturb you too much.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsuXFNLHjQY
(Felipe and Alfonso helped me to get the Bach-Kempff recording. Thanks!)

Post subject: Re: Birthday video with music of Wagner, Bach, Debussy and so on
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:39 pm 
Site Admin

Very sweet, Hye-Jin! Thanks for showing us.

I used to take lots of video of my kids when they were babies too. Precious tapes of precious memories! I always say that if my house were to catch on fire, I'd only want to save my family videos and photos. (my piano too, but well....)

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:23 pm 

Monica, thanks for watching! Fortunately you can store the videos and photos on the web nowadays - you have more time to rescue your grand :wink:
Anyway do you still watch the videos sometimes? I have my wedding video as VHS format and don't feel like to watch it...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:00 am 
Site Admin

We have transferred all our VHS tapes onto DVD's and now all the DVD's are in a nice neat album - like a photo album. I have over the years organized all my photos and placed them in photo albums labeled with the year, festivities, vacations, etc... My problem these days is that I have photos on my digital cameras that never seem to come off the camera. They are just stuck there, as I never think about having to actually get the photos off the camera and do something with them like get them printed. Guess I've gotten a little lazy with all that. Someday...

Funny, I just did watch my wedding video a couple weeks ago. But watching the kids growing up on the tapes is wonderful. You may have heard this many times already, but it's true about they say: Enjoy your children while they are young as much as you can, because they grow up so fast! At least we can have videos to help remember.

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 6:14 pm 

What a cute video! Thanks so much for sharing... Sol-Ji looks so precious and happy in the pictures! I did not know she was an April baby (I was too :wink: ). I enjoyed the wonderful music selections as well- they seemed to go with the mood of the set of photos. :D

Though everything else may appear shallow and repulsive, even the smallest task in music is so absorbing, and carries us so far away from town, country, earth, and all worldly things, that it is truly a blessed gift of God.

Felix Mendelssohn

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 8:15 pm 

pianolady wrote:
I have over the years organized all my photos and placed them in photo albums labeled with the year, festivities, vacations, etc... [...] You may have heard this many times already, but it's true about they say: Enjoy your children while they are young as much as you can, because they grow up so fast! At least we can have videos to help remember.

Wow, over the years!!! I could imagine how many photos your family has! And thanks for your advice, Monica. Those advises from another (experienced) mom is always helpful :)

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:09 am 

sarah wrote:
What a cute video! Thanks so much for sharing... Sol-Ji looks so precious and happy in the pictures! I did not know she was an April baby (I was too :wink: ). I enjoyed the wonderful music selections as well- they seemed to go with the mood of the set of photos. :D

Thank you for watching, Sarah :D And belated Birthday greetings! (When was the day exactly?)
Actually I've agonized over the music selections three days, but at the same time I had real fun. I'm satisfied with the result, too :D The last piece ("He's got the whole world in his hand" - a spritual sung by Barbara Hendricks) doesn't fit to the photos so well as the other pieces, but the lyric appealed to me: "He's got the little bitty baby in his hand..."

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:12 pm 

You can really tell you put a lot of thought (and effort!) into that video. :D And I really enjoyed the beautiful spiritual... as I remember, we sang that one year in youth choir and had a lot of fun with it.

I was born on the 13th. :D

Though everything else may appear shallow and repulsive, even the smallest task in music is so absorbing, and carries us so far away from town, country, earth, and all worldly things, that it is truly a blessed gift of God.

Felix Mendelssohn

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:48 pm 

Did you know that spritual?! I'm glad that you like it, too :D Is it a famous one? The CD of Barbara Hendricks from which I ripped that track includes several sprituals that are well known also in Korean churches, but I didn't know that spritual before.
April 13th! I'll keep it in mind :wink:

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:17 pm 

Hi Hye-Jin,
I wanted to watch your video, but there was no one and I have seen a strange message on that YouTube-page instead: "This video contains content of Sony Music Entertainment and rumblefish, so it´s not possible to view it in your country!"
Whatever this means, it´s a pity, that I couldn´t see it, would have been certainly nice. Nevertheless I congratulate your daugther to her birthday and I wish her and her parents all the best for future.

Kind regards
Andreas

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 3:26 pm 

Andreas, I just sent a PM to you. Thank you!