Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:04 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bikini picture
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:48 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Just kidding! Although I do have one on file that I send to my friend as a joke of how us female teachers in Canada might increase the appeal of piano lessons to teenage boys. It is a large-busted gal standing in her bikini at the grand piano. If anyone wants it, let me know. Scared to put it here for fear that Chris or Robert will kick me off of the forum!

The hell we will, we LOVE that sort of thing ! Go post it, quickly !!
Shame about the bikini though :wink: But have to keep things decent here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:11 pm 

I like to shoot guns/ collect guns / hunt (sometimes, though i have not been out for four years). You have to remember, unlike the Dutch practically every gosh darn Yankee has a gun or two or three 8)

.....I have 7 :P :D :D

So please Ms. Pianolady and Mr. Techo pardon me if I scared you a little. That picture is just there for time being, until I take a better one.....(or until I buy a bazooka :wink: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:00 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
I like to shoot guns/ collect guns / hunt (sometimes, though i have not been out for four years). You have to remember, unlike the Dutch practically every gosh darn Yankee has a gun or two or three 8)

.....I have 7 :P :D :D

This seems to be the problem with the USA, everybody toting guns from an early age on. Bunch of cowboys.... Not that there's never a shooting in Europe, but it is by far not as common as guns can not be bought unless you have a license.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:54 am 
Site Admin

You're supposed to have a gun license here, too, but that doesn't seem to stop the 'bad guys'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:13 am 

Quote:
Just wondering... do these extra keys hold a special attraction for you - except for diminishing the risk of hurting your knuckles on the sideboard when you need to plunge into the lowest A ? I have never so far come across a piece that needs any additional keys - have you ?

Might be a bit off-topic, but I know that Debussy wrote some pieces that call for notes below the lowest register of most pianos. I played on a Bosendorfer imperial grand once some time ago and found that the only way to make the sound of those notes palatable was to play them in unison with the next octave up, and voice it so the top note comes out clearer, the bottom note adding presence more than sound. I doubt many of those extended low notes would have much of a use on their own as the sound is just too brash.

I'll have a photo to share later. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:25 pm 

Nicole,send me that picture any day.
Email is lovechiefs@goowy.com :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:19 pm 

Self portrait taken at 10:40pm during the night before a full moon. 3 minute exposure:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:48 am 
Site Admin

It looks like daylight. Did the full moon put out that much light or maybe that comet that is currently seen in the northern hemisphere added to the light? Whatever, it's a neat picture.

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:52 am 
Site Admin

Yes it is a neat picture even though not very sharp (perhaps that is intended).

But this is not a photography forum - the idea of this thread was that we can see what the other looks like. I have to say, juufa, you are being rather secretive about that, only posting your
art photos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:37 pm 

My camera was set on a tripod and I used a cable release with a 10second delay (giving me enough time to run from the camera to that spot). The camera was also set for 400ISO speed with an apeture (aka opening of the blades, bigger the number smaller the apeture) of f/5.2 and the shutter was open for 3 minutes.

All this in mind the moon is very powerful in giving off light. That's why it looks like day. Sheesh people maybe you should go outside at night during a full moon, instead of playing the piano :D You'll be surprised!

It is blurry by accident because it is too hard to see through the camera at night because of the lack of light available for the human eye. The rangefinder on my camera is quite small and dark :x

Incognito, Mr. Techneut.

My saying goes, "attraction lies in the unknown" why go overt when you can go covert and be mysterious? The unknown is very hypnotic and it leaves the viewer wanting more and leaves the viewer with lots of questions and fantasies :lol: :lol:.....so I think.

-JG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:28 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Sheesh people maybe you should go outside at night during a full moon, instead of playing the piano You'll be surprised!

:lol: That's funny. You may be surprised to know that I'm interested in astronomy and I do go outside in the middle of the night each and every time there is a meteor shower. I climb out my bedroom window onto my roof and lie down to watch the show. Unfortunately, I either fall asleep, or the clouds obstruct the view so I never get to see a good one. It's always the case of, "maybe next time". I also have a telescope but can't figure out how to use it. :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:33 pm 
Site Admin

pianolady wrote:
I climb out my bedroom window onto my roof and lie down to watch the show. Unfortunately, I either fall asleep, or the clouds obstruct the view so I never get to see a good one. It's always the case of, "maybe next time". I also have a telescope but can't figure out how to use it. :x

Hehe, that is funny, falling asleep on the roof :lol: Ever got woken up by a shower ?

Also funny is having things and not knowing how to use them.... At least you know how to use your piano, which is what counts !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:43 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Ever got woken up by a shower ?

No, but one time an owl scared me to death. It 'hooted' in a tree right next to the house, about 8 feet from where I was. I jumped up and ran practically head first through my window, not remembering that I had closed the screen when I first went out there. The screen is still ripped and my husband says I have to fix it. He thinks my nocturnal outings are silly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:52 pm 
Site Admin

pianolady wrote:
No, but one time an owl scared me to death. It 'hooted' in a tree right next to the house, about 8 feet from where I was. I jumped up and ran practically head first through my window, not remembering that I had closed the screen when I first went out there. The screen is still ripped and my husband says I have to fix it. He thinks my nocturnal outings are silly.

Ah, but he does not realize, as we do what a Nocturnal creature you are :lol:
Great story. I wish we had owls here. Dunno why, I just love these birds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:54 pm 

There is not much wildlife in the Netherlands besides basic farm animals. Do the Dutch even have a national park?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next