Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:07 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Re: Bikini picture
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:48 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Just kidding! Although I do have one on file that I send to my friend as a joke of how us female teachers in Canada might increase the appeal of piano lessons to teenage boys. It is a large-busted gal standing in her bikini at the grand piano. If anyone wants it, let me know. Scared to put it here for fear that Chris or Robert will kick me off of the forum!

The hell we will, we LOVE that sort of thing ! Go post it, quickly !!
Shame about the bikini though :wink: But have to keep things decent here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:11 pm 

I like to shoot guns/ collect guns / hunt (sometimes, though i have not been out for four years). You have to remember, unlike the Dutch practically every gosh darn Yankee has a gun or two or three 8)

.....I have 7 :P :D :D

So please Ms. Pianolady and Mr. Techo pardon me if I scared you a little. That picture is just there for time being, until I take a better one.....(or until I buy a bazooka :wink: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:00 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
I like to shoot guns/ collect guns / hunt (sometimes, though i have not been out for four years). You have to remember, unlike the Dutch practically every gosh darn Yankee has a gun or two or three 8)

.....I have 7 :P :D :D

This seems to be the problem with the USA, everybody toting guns from an early age on. Bunch of cowboys.... Not that there's never a shooting in Europe, but it is by far not as common as guns can not be bought unless you have a license.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:54 am 
Site Admin

You're supposed to have a gun license here, too, but that doesn't seem to stop the 'bad guys'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:13 am 

Quote:
Just wondering... do these extra keys hold a special attraction for you - except for diminishing the risk of hurting your knuckles on the sideboard when you need to plunge into the lowest A ? I have never so far come across a piece that needs any additional keys - have you ?

Might be a bit off-topic, but I know that Debussy wrote some pieces that call for notes below the lowest register of most pianos. I played on a Bosendorfer imperial grand once some time ago and found that the only way to make the sound of those notes palatable was to play them in unison with the next octave up, and voice it so the top note comes out clearer, the bottom note adding presence more than sound. I doubt many of those extended low notes would have much of a use on their own as the sound is just too brash.

I'll have a photo to share later. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:25 pm 

Nicole,send me that picture any day.
Email is lovechiefs@goowy.com :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:19 pm 

Self portrait taken at 10:40pm during the night before a full moon. 3 minute exposure:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:48 am 
Site Admin

It looks like daylight. Did the full moon put out that much light or maybe that comet that is currently seen in the northern hemisphere added to the light? Whatever, it's a neat picture.

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:52 am 
Site Admin

Yes it is a neat picture even though not very sharp (perhaps that is intended).

But this is not a photography forum - the idea of this thread was that we can see what the other looks like. I have to say, juufa, you are being rather secretive about that, only posting your
art photos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:37 pm 

My camera was set on a tripod and I used a cable release with a 10second delay (giving me enough time to run from the camera to that spot). The camera was also set for 400ISO speed with an apeture (aka opening of the blades, bigger the number smaller the apeture) of f/5.2 and the shutter was open for 3 minutes.

All this in mind the moon is very powerful in giving off light. That's why it looks like day. Sheesh people maybe you should go outside at night during a full moon, instead of playing the piano :D You'll be surprised!

It is blurry by accident because it is too hard to see through the camera at night because of the lack of light available for the human eye. The rangefinder on my camera is quite small and dark :x

Incognito, Mr. Techneut.

My saying goes, "attraction lies in the unknown" why go overt when you can go covert and be mysterious? The unknown is very hypnotic and it leaves the viewer wanting more and leaves the viewer with lots of questions and fantasies :lol: :lol:.....so I think.

-JG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:28 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Sheesh people maybe you should go outside at night during a full moon, instead of playing the piano You'll be surprised!

:lol: That's funny. You may be surprised to know that I'm interested in astronomy and I do go outside in the middle of the night each and every time there is a meteor shower. I climb out my bedroom window onto my roof and lie down to watch the show. Unfortunately, I either fall asleep, or the clouds obstruct the view so I never get to see a good one. It's always the case of, "maybe next time". I also have a telescope but can't figure out how to use it. :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:33 pm 
Site Admin

pianolady wrote:
I climb out my bedroom window onto my roof and lie down to watch the show. Unfortunately, I either fall asleep, or the clouds obstruct the view so I never get to see a good one. It's always the case of, "maybe next time". I also have a telescope but can't figure out how to use it. :x

Hehe, that is funny, falling asleep on the roof :lol: Ever got woken up by a shower ?

Also funny is having things and not knowing how to use them.... At least you know how to use your piano, which is what counts !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:43 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Ever got woken up by a shower ?

No, but one time an owl scared me to death. It 'hooted' in a tree right next to the house, about 8 feet from where I was. I jumped up and ran practically head first through my window, not remembering that I had closed the screen when I first went out there. The screen is still ripped and my husband says I have to fix it. He thinks my nocturnal outings are silly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:52 pm 
Site Admin

pianolady wrote:
No, but one time an owl scared me to death. It 'hooted' in a tree right next to the house, about 8 feet from where I was. I jumped up and ran practically head first through my window, not remembering that I had closed the screen when I first went out there. The screen is still ripped and my husband says I have to fix it. He thinks my nocturnal outings are silly.

Ah, but he does not realize, as we do what a Nocturnal creature you are :lol:
Great story. I wish we had owls here. Dunno why, I just love these birds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:54 pm 

There is not much wildlife in the Netherlands besides basic farm animals. Do the Dutch even have a national park?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:17 pm 
Site Admin

juufa72 wrote:
There is not much wildlife in the Netherlands besides basic farm animals. Do the Dutch even have a national park?

Sheesh no, we have no room for that. Many a USA national park is bigger than all of Holland. We have cute little houses with tidy little backyards though, all neatly in a row.

But this is getting really OT now....

Actually we do have a national park with some deer and wild boars running around. Not much more than that, I believe. It is nicely tended like all other parks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:00 pm 
Site Admin

I just can't help laughing. So easy to go OT. At least it's not on someones audition post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:01 pm 
Site Admin

Wait a minute. I wanted to add something to the last one.
Are you sure you don't want to have a chat room here so we could waste even more time? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:30 pm 

Juufa to the rescue! Time to get back On Topic:

Both taken during my short stay in the flattest country in the world...aka the Netherlands.

the top is me (less incognito) wearing the orange for our trip to the local bar to watch Holland play Serbia in the World Cup. The second photo is my artsy picture of a church organ in Delft. (I think it was Delft)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:47 am 

techneut wrote:
We have cute little houses with tidy little backyards though, all neatly in a row.

You mean like these: Image

:wink: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:30 am 
Site Admin

I think I'll post my entire holiday photo series here now... Some really stupid ones in there as well though nothing to beat juufa :lol:

Ah well this has been a bit of a bollocks thread anyway, so never mind being OT. I may just delete the whole thread at one stage to clean up the disc space

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:06 am 
Site Admin

Delete this entire thread, and then we can start a new one, okay? I'll go get my vacation pictures, too! :lol: Just kidding, (sort of.) I love to see pictures. Especially of people. But if they are of locations, maybe it's okay if there is some musical theme in them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:12 pm 

Would you allow that picture of me sporting the orange and the little "hoop Holland hoop" figure as a profile picture on this site. :lol: 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:37 pm 
Site Admin

juufa72 wrote:
Would you allow that picture of me sporting the orange and the little "hoop Holland hoop" figure as a profile picture on this site. :lol: 8)

Well if you want to look like one of these soccer wallies I would't want to stop you ;-)
But avatars have been disabled on the new forum, not sure if Robert did that for a specific reason or not. But I hate it when peoples's avatars get to take up more screen space than their postings (and they do, in may cases) so I'd not be in favour of re-enabling them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:42 pm 

juufa72 wrote:

This is the "Voldersgracht" in Delft. I can see the house my grandparents used to live in on that pic.

I never expected a totally random pic like that to show up on a piano forum.

:shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:32 am 

come on guys. No need to be afraid to post your pictures here, because I know I will never be famous or a million dollar man :lol: or end up like Lang Lang......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:45 am 

johnmar78 wrote:
or end up like Lang Lang......

Thanks be to God!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:33 am 

Oh I like this! Here are some pics of me so you can see how stunning I am Hahahahah!

Man I hope I do this right.

Ok, the first one is not of me but of my two parrots: Quaker Parrot, Nikki and Sun Conure, Sunny. I think you can figure out who is who. They are both females and will be 3 this spring. I am composing a piece for them (for piano flute and clarinet) called Winged Expressions which will be performed on March 2nd

Ok the next is "Yours Truly" at the piano.

The last one is me standing with two of my biggest supports: The blonde haired lady is my former composition teach whom I still have close contact with. The dark haired lady is my current piano teacher. This was taken at my most recent recitals.

"Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best." --Henry Van Dyke

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:40 am 

Here are a few of me. The first and second are in the "piano lounge" in the student center (you can see how it might make for noisy recording), and the third is from a few years ago when I was a long-haired freak who hadn't played the piano in years. :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:35 am 
Site Admin

Hi Schmonz,
You remind me of Peter Frampton. Just watched him on Soundstage last night. Do you know what I'm talking about? It's the hair thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:57 pm 

Ok, time for me :P
Among beautiful woods in Pomerania

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:41 pm 

pianolady wrote:
Hi Schmonz,
You remind me of Peter Frampton. Just watched him on Soundstage last night. Do you know what I'm talking about? It's the hair thing.

Heh, I guess it was rockstar-style hair. (More often I heard "you look like Jesus.") Ah, but it had to go. It was a lot of work, and annoying when playing sports, and it got really, really hot under there in the summer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:34 am 

thats me :) Czech rulers got my back

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:40 am 

st. nicholas :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:58 pm 

Nice to see the people behind the postings here. So this is me :)
We recorded the Mozart piano+violin sonata (-> audition room) as a Christmas present and with the cover (1st photo) we made fun of the recent Mutter/Orkis recording (and, of ourselves, obviously -- which is why my violin partner would probably kill me if she knew that I posted this here, so shhhh don't tell anybody).
Since I own a "portable" (35kg...) piano, I almost never travel without one. I think in the second photo I was practicing either Courante or Gigue from French Suite No. 5 and my girlfriend took the photo to document how much she had to suffer by helping me to carry the "monster" and then listening to the key action without hearing any music all the time. I like animals, and in the third picture I'm becoming friends with a llama...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:24 am 
Site Admin

How did you get the llama to smile so sweetly? :lol:

(great pictures!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:54 am 
Site Admin

:D Nice pictures. You never travel without your portable piano? You mean really never? I should force that into my company policy :P .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:33 am 
Site Admin

Tobias wrote:
I like animals, and in the third picture I'm becoming friends with a llama...

Hehehe, I tried that once (in a zoo, though) and the bloody thing spit me in the eye. The smell was horrible... My wife still sniggers about that.
Nice photos BTW. You got the portable in that backpack ? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:44 am 

Luckily this llama did not spit... When we saw it first we tried to be very silent so that we could get close without having him run away. But then it turned out that this guy was not at all frightened. In fact, he kept sitting in the middle of the trail and we had to climb around him to pass by. But at least he posed (and smiled) nicely for the camera :)
Indeed, Robert, I think travel expenses for pianos should be covered by any good company's reimbursement policy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:57 pm 

Tobias, where was that picture taken? (The picture of you and the llama)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:07 pm 

Hey juufa, funny enough that this was in Austria, about half an hour from Salzburg (Mozart's birthplace). The last place where we expected to see a llama. But an owner of a "chalet" bought two of them with the idea that they could help him carry heavy stuff. Apparently they were too stubborn to be used for work, so now they seem to have a happy life up there hanging out and doing nothing... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:28 pm 
Site Admin

Tobias wrote:
Hey juufa, funny enough that this was in Austria, about half an hour from Salzburg (Mozart's birthplace).

Hm, bit of an anticlimax there.... I really thought you was climbing the Andes there. Ah well, the Salzkammergut is nice too :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:45 pm 

Yeah, maybe I should be less honest, but I had cropped already the village down in the valley so that it looks more adventurous... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:22 pm 

Here is a picture to be used for my biography: (I hope it is easy on your eyes :wink: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:39 am 
Site Admin

Ah, the mysterious Julius finally revealed. You look pretty much as I had imagined. Very contemplative, as well. Nice to see you, Julius.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:59 am 

pianolady wrote:
Ah, the mysterious Julius finally revealed. You look pretty much as I had imagined. Very contemplative, as well. Nice to see you, Julius.

:lol: Thanks. It took me about 60 shots to actually acheive a half-decent self portrait. It's hard to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:18 pm 
Site Admin

juufa72 wrote:
Here is a picture to be used for my biography: (I hope it is easy on your eyes :wink: )

Ok, done that.
I have to say, you don't look very happy here...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:31 pm 

techneut wrote:
juufa72 wrote:

Ok, done that.
I have to say, you don't look very happy here...

Thank you much. And yes, I am not too happy. I look like a dork when I smile. Guess I have to blame my parents on this one :wink: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:58 am 

Mr. Breemer, Herr Olaf, and other Pipe organ enthusiasts should like this one:

I found this picture when I was scrolling through my pictures of my trip to Poland last summer. It is of the pipes (actually 1/8 of the pipes) at the basilica Lichen http://pictures.polandforall.com/basilica-lichen-stary.html

I don't know exactly the facts and figures of the organ, but i know that there are probably thousands of pipes and probably 3 manuals. The accustics were amazing. Maybe thats because I am not used togrand churches. Our oldest church in Milwaukee is about 170 years old. That's peanuts compared to some of you peeps across the Atlantic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:24 am 
Site Admin

The first three pics are of the new band shell at Millennium Park in Chicago. Kind of looks like something from Star Wars, doesn't it? Or maybe the movie Men In Black. I'm in there somewhere. The other two pics are of me at the 'bean'. It is a few steps from the band shell, and is a sculpture with the real name, "Cloudscape" (I think). It is a chrome or mirror covered thing with no seams and looks like a great big bean, so everybody calls it that. It's fun to take pictures of it for the interesting reflections.

Last edited by pianolady on Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.