Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:48 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: A PS meeting
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:03 am 
Site Admin

Yesterday I teamed up with Andreas, who is currently on holiday in the Netherlands. The plan was to record (video and audio) three Dvorak Slavonic Dances and the Mozart Sonata KV497. Andreas decided that we do page-by-page recording, with a camera angle switch to hide each page turn. Gosh that process takes a lot of time ! Especially as Andreas had forgotten to take his tripod, so we had to fumble around with side tables and stacks of books.

We managed to get pretty decent recordings of the Dvorak pieces and the first part of the Mozart, and an acceptable recording or the second part of the Mozart. Alas there was no more time for the final movement (it would have taken too much time anyway as this is a pretty demanding piece of work).

We had a bit of a shock at the end of the recording session, as Andreas discovered that his Zoom H4 had not actually recorded anything because the input switch was still set to 'External Mics'. This is a pity as we thought we had some good recordings for the site. Now we'll have to see how well the audio from the camera can be brushed up - it won't be as good as that of the MP3 recorder. If only I had put my Edirol on the job as well... but there seemed no point in doing that at the moment. Ah well. Maybe there is time to repeat the session.

Now Andreas will have some homework when he gets home, merging and syncing alll the different tracks. He's good at that and likes doing it, so I am not too worried about it :D

It was very nice to meet with a PS friend and make music together. I hope it will not be the last and only time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:29 pm 
Site Admin

no video???? :evil: :evil: :evil:

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:37 pm 
Site Admin

You did not read properly ! Yes we have video but no separate quality audio from the Zoom h4. It has to be seen how much Andreas can brush up the sound as recorded by the camcorder.

Last edited by techneut on Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:51 pm 

This will be quite entertaining to watch. I can't wait. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:17 pm 
Site Admin

techneut wrote:
You did not read properly ! Yes we have video but no separate quality audio from the Zoom h4. It has to be seen how much Andreas can brush up the sound as recorded by the camcorder.

Oh. :oops: :lol:

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:07 pm 

Guys, I'm eagerly looking forward to watching your performance. And Dvorak looks like a great choice!

Alfonso Bertazzi, amateur pianist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:26 pm 
Site Admin

We have just decided to redo the session next monday, as Andreas says the editing job will be almost impossible without separate audio tracks. So we'll put the Edirol and H4 both in gear, just to be sure we have audio tracks now. Hopefully we can now also do the final movement of the Mozart.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:58 pm 

Guys, I'm so jealous!!! :x
If anyone comes near to Stuttgart and likes to visit me (it takes 30-50 minutes train from Stuttgart to my city), I'll prepare a great dinner in Korean style :wink: Of course there will be music played together... My choice would be Schubert's Fantasie in f minor. I can play both of the parts. So choose your favourite part, primo or secondo 8)
Anyway I can't wait to watch your result!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:08 pm 

hyenal wrote:
Guys, I'm so jealous!!! :x
If anyone comes near to Stuttgart and likes to visit me (it takes 30-50 minutes train from Stuttgart to my city), I'll prepare a great dinner in Korean style :wink: Of course there will be music played together... My choice would be Schubert's Fantasie in f minor. I can play both of the parts. So choose your favourite part, primo or secondo 8)
Anyway I can't wait to watch your result!!!

Hye-Jin, I'm VERY interested in both the Korean dinner and the Schubert! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:01 pm 

Alfonso, I know that you have a friend in Pforzheim. Do you have any plan to visit him? Then I could ask you to visit also Reutlingen at that oppotunity, if you are not so much irritated by my very humble apartment in a dormitory, the possibly bad instrument which can be available to me, my distorted spoken english and the crying baby at the dinner :wink:
But really, I wish I had a chance to play the beautiful Schubert with one of you guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:33 pm 
Site Admin

I've been to Stuttgart twice for work, once to Sindefingen and once to Boeblingen. It was a long time ago and will not likely happen again. Should I find myself in the neighbourhood suddenly, I'll come and play with you. And have a lavish dinner of course :lol:

But seriously, you should try find a piano partner via Internet. With your PS recordings as calling-card, it should not be so hard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:33 am 

Hi friends,
here I am from the Netherlands writing with my amazing cell phone, but with limited possibilities of internet access and handling. I'm looking forward to Monday, 10th of august to our second meeting and I have bought a new tripod for my camera;)
I'm sure to be very out of practice after two weeks of windsurfing and no touch with those little black and white monsters, but before we'll start our re-recordings I had to promise to play through the complete WTC foMr warming me up;)
So, I'll do my very best like the butler in "Dinner for one"!:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:06 am 
Site Admin

musicusblau wrote:
I'm sure to be very out of practice after two weeks of windsurfing and no touch with those little black and white monsters, but before we'll start our re-recordings I had to promise to play through the complete WTC foMr warming me up;)

Haha yes, but not after you've done the complete Hanon first to loosen up these lazy fingers :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:10 am 

hyenal wrote:
Alfonso, I know that you have a friend in Pforzheim. Do you have any plan to visit him? Then I could ask you to visit also Reutlingen at that oppotunity, if you are not so much irritated by my very humble apartment in a dormitory, the possibly bad instrument which can be available to me, my distorted spoken english and the crying baby at the dinner :wink:
But really, I wish I had a chance to play the beautiful Schubert with one of you guys.

My friend is a "she". Yes, I could drop by on my way to Pforzheim, but I could also map out a weekend trip to the Black Forest just to see you and play something together. This could be in Autumn or the next Spring. I've just bought a new car, taking advantage of government eco-bonus, replacing my old VW Golf. And it's a Hyundai! :wink: It's bifuelled lpg, so I'm more inclined to do longer travels by car now. By the way, I've recently had to replace the fridge, a ten-year GE, and I took a Samsung. So, as you can see, I'm going all the way South Korean! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:47 pm 

Techneut wrote:
Quote:
Haha yes, but not after you've done the complete Hanon first to loosen up these lazy fingers :lol:

No, I'm only used to Chopin and Brahms etudes. :)

Last edited by musicusblau on Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.