Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:51 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: I hate accompanying!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:36 pm 

It makes me want to defenestrate myself. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:15 pm 

And no one had any consolation to offer for me! hehe...except for bclever, who told me on Facebook to step away from the piano. :lol:

Oh well, juries are over, yay...now I have three finals tomorrow: German, Keyboard Lit., and Medieval/Renaissance music history...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:41 pm 

They are probably wondering whether defenestrating yourself would result in an FCC violation or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:37 pm 

hey, if anyone wants to hook me up with recordings of Hindemith's Ludus Tonalis (I only need the 1st P&F but would love to have the whole thing) or Batrok's Out of Doors Sz. 81, "The Chase" (thanks for With Drums and Pipes, Chris!), or Ginastera's Sonata Op. 22, then please let me know! I have an exam tomorrow, and they're on the listening recognition part, and not in the library. :x

for incognito-ishness, my email is terez27@gmail.com

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:54 pm 

Hey Terez, all those pieces are available as MP3 downloads on Amazon for 99 cents each (note I have not yet learned how to use special characters) in case of emergency.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:08 pm 

Okay, cool. Luckily I got paid by a voice student I accompanied yesterday. I suppose I could probably also buy them through iTunes. I'm scared to go to the iTunes store, though. I've never been. It could become addictive! My school's library is addictive that way, but free! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:52 pm 

Of course, if you need some quick bux, just make a self-fenestration video ... there're some websites that pay good money for that! Not that I've ever been to them .... or googled them ... or been prosecuted by the courts for it ... in fact, forget I ever mentioned this.

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:10 am 

One suggestion for you Terez is to play for your university wind symphony.
That is what I did during my studies.
Any and all bands are looking for good pianists and you get to actually perform :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:39 am 

There is a lot of competition for the large ensemble positions at my school, and I'm not one of the best pianists there by far. So I get stuck with voice students, everyone's least favorite job because they actually need you at their lessons every week (because singers are always the worst sight-singers, I think). Only about half the voice faculty are competent enough on piano to guide students through voice lessons, and most of those think it is beneath their dignity. :lol:

Post subject: ah
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:30 pm 

You should at least be happy you have work, but yeah, I know what you mean about accompanying for voice a little bit. Maybe if you could sit in just a couple of lessons it would be better. I much prefer playing with other instrumentalists.