movie about classical composer

General discussions, error reporting, and feature requests.

Moderators: pianolady, techneut, robert

movie about classical composer

Postby Anonymous » Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:38 am

anyone know any movie about Beethoven, please let me know...I like the movie with many beautiful music background from that composer!! I already have some of Chopin...please

Postby Anonymous » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:30 am

"Immortal Beloved" is your best bet. Although keep your eyes peeled this year because a new movie with Ed Harris as Beethoven will be premiering; it's called "Copying Beethoven."

There's also a bbc film that showcases Beethoven's Eroica symphony in a sort of movie-like fashion with actors and a plot etc. Look here: ... UTF8&s=dvd

There's also a canadian film called "Immortal Spirit," and a french film "Le Neveu de Beethoven [Beethoven's Nephew]," and an old foreign 1930's movie called "Un grand amour de Beethoven [A great love of Beethoven].

Good luck finding those foreign rare films, but "Immortal Beloved" should suffice, and that bbc "Eroica" film is not too shabby either. But definitely wait for this new "Copying Beethoven" movie. I have a feeling it's going to be great. It focuses on Beethoven's later life and thus his late masterpieces (Missa Solemnis, Hammerklavier sonata, Grosse Fuge, the Ninth Symphony).

Return to “General”