Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:49 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:57 am 

chopinman0901 wrote:
Yeah, one of my pet peeves is definitely unintelligent people, though. As heartless as it sounds, it just really angers me when I see my peers in school not know something, and then not even pursue the knowledge. I guess that comes from being an OCD over-acheiving freak...

Don't worry juufa, though, because I'm really stressed out too! Yay! Stress is pretty much one of the words that defines my life. I don't really ever scream or punch something, though, and I agree with demonic_advent that doing those things can hurt more than they help. Never knew that venting was bad though. In a way I vent to the piano, and the piano is truly the only way I can ever relieve stress. However, rather than pounding out chords, I play slow, soft pieces. That's why I love Chopin so much. No matter how crappy I feel, I can release most of my negative emotions through playing a nocturne, mazurka, waltz, etc. Come to think of it the ballades might even be better de-stressers.

Pretty much every day of my life I feel miserable and depressed, but whenever I play the piano, those feelings evaporate, and hearing the beauty of music calms me down and lets me release my frustrations into a non-human medium. My parents are always asking me if I can tell them what's wrong or why I'm so upset, but I'd much rather express my emotions through the piano than my voice.

I don't really see any noticeable effects on me from my stress. I might look anorexic or something, but that's just my genes. Actually, I have slept very little in the last few months. I can't really ever stop worrying about anything. And the emotional/mental impacts of stress are big as well. I guess that's where the sadness/depression comes from.

Also (as if this post isn't long enough already), I notice that I'm always stressed out and unhappy, and yet my friends seem to have perfect lives, where they have no crap to deal with like I do. Does this happen to anyone else?

All in all, thank God for the piano!

P.S. Wow, I just totally vented. Stupid me :cry: .

Believe me, we ALL have crap to deal with. Example: the upcoming presidential election in the U.S.; here's who we have to vote for:

Clinton, a Stalinist zealot
Obama, a wide-eyed foreign policy virgin
McCain, an emotionally damaged pit-bull
and...Huckabee Wait, wait...let me get my banjo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:11 am 

PJF wrote:
chopinman0901 wrote:
Yeah, one of my pet peeves is definitely unintelligent people, though. As heartless as it sounds, it just really angers me when I see my peers in school not know something, and then not even pursue the knowledge. I guess that comes from being an OCD over-acheiving freak...

Don't worry juufa, though, because I'm really stressed out too! Yay! Stress is pretty much one of the words that defines my life. I don't really ever scream or punch something, though, and I agree with demonic_advent that doing those things can hurt more than they help. Never knew that venting was bad though. In a way I vent to the piano, and the piano is truly the only way I can ever relieve stress. However, rather than pounding out chords, I play slow, soft pieces. That's why I love Chopin so much. No matter how crappy I feel, I can release most of my negative emotions through playing a nocturne, mazurka, waltz, etc. Come to think of it the ballades might even be better de-stressers.

Pretty much every day of my life I feel miserable and depressed, but whenever I play the piano, those feelings evaporate, and hearing the beauty of music calms me down and lets me release my frustrations into a non-human medium. My parents are always asking me if I can tell them what's wrong or why I'm so upset, but I'd much rather express my emotions through the piano than my voice.

I don't really see any noticeable effects on me from my stress. I might look anorexic or something, but that's just my genes. Actually, I have slept very little in the last few months. I can't really ever stop worrying about anything. And the emotional/mental impacts of stress are big as well. I guess that's where the sadness/depression comes from.

Also (as if this post isn't long enough already), I notice that I'm always stressed out and unhappy, and yet my friends seem to have perfect lives, where they have no crap to deal with like I do. Does this happen to anyone else?

All in all, thank God for the piano!

P.S. Wow, I just totally vented. Stupid me :cry: .

Believe me, we ALL have crap to deal with. Example: the upcoming presidential election in the U.S.; here's who we have to vote for:

Clinton, a Stalinist zealot
Obama, a wide-eyed foreign policy virgin
McCain, an emotionally damaged pit-bull
and...Huckabee Wait, wait...let me get my banjo.

Please... for the love of all that is good in the world, do not mention Mike Huckabee...
I'm so nervous that McCain's gonna die tommorrow, and Huckabee's gonna somehow pull ahead to victory... oh God... If he gets elected, I'm moving to Spain. 'Nuff said.

"This is death! This is death as this emanation of the female which leads to unification ... death and love ... this is the abyss." This is not music", said [Sabaneev] to him, "this is something else..." - "This is the Mysterium," he said softly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:40 am 

Oh man, I almost throw up every time I hear Huckabee's name. You're only moving to Spain? I think I'm moving out of the solar system.

Yeah, I know what you mean about us all having crap to deal with. But I feel like there's crap and then some for me. Does it seem like the normal amount of things to deal with when I have to deal with extreme self-pressure to be ranked number one in my class, both of my parents having cancer, and on top of that having to hide the fact that I'm gay from everyone (except for you guys now) and dealing with it at the same time? Oh, and I didn't ask that question in an angry way in case you think I did. I'm just saying that everyone might have stuff to deal with, but some might have more than others. Some people's biggest stress comes from deciding what to wear, while it's a lot more complicated for others.

"When one does a thing, it appears good, otherwise one would not write it. Only later comes reflection, and one discards or accepts the thing. Time is the best censor, and patience a most excellent teacher." - Frédéric Chopin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:31 am 
Site Admin

juufa72 wrote:
Techneut: Sure I have guns. But I am not stupid. Don't fall into the anti-firearm liberal hysteria that every person with a gun will, at a drop of a dime, shoot everyone on sight. Besides, I prefer my fists :wink: :lol:

I never implied you are stupid - we know you aren't.
And the cultural difference between USA and Europe with respect to firearms can hardly be bridged. We call Americans gun-toting cowboys and they call us liberal weenies. I guess it's a draw.

Still, the combination of guns and unaccountable rage fits seems dangerous to me - a thing one would want to keep well under control. It's only one step up from using fists to using guns - well maybe several steps, but there is a path. As long as your anger is not personally directed to a person or group/class of persons, it may not be a problem at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:07 pm 
Site Admin

It's Valentines Day. Go kiss somebody. Maybe that will make you feel better. :)

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:22 pm 

pianolady wrote:
It's Valentines Day. Go kiss somebody. Maybe that will make you feel better. :)

(To fill in for the absence of Nathan Coleman): What's your address? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:14 pm 
:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:50 pm 

Techneut: I never take my anger out on a person or a group of people. I don't use scapegoats for my wrath. Somehow I found that taking a walk out in the fields and screaming helps a little bit (that, and as mentioned before, lifting heavy things).

I sense that most of you don't anger quickly or to the extent at which venting is required? Is this correct?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:36 pm 

**********************************************************************************
Will spare you from my verbosity.
N

Last edited by Nicole on Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:45 pm 

I rarely burst into rage, really. When I do it's usually because something or someone just keeps annoying me ( like the phone. People just can't seem to leave me alone! ). I usually just think to myself "there's no point in getting enraged just because of the phone.". However, if I get really angry I start to swear a lot for about 20 seconds and I usually feel like smashing the ( damned ) thing against a wall. I've never actually wrecked anything while I was angry though. Also, I usually only get angry when I'm all alone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:19 pm 
Site Admin

juufa72 wrote:
I sense that most of you don't anger quickly or to the extent at which venting is required? Is this correct?

I guess everybody at times has the (passing) need to slam a door, blaspheme, or snap at somebody. That is only natural, and mostly for a specific - if often petty - reason. Not sure if this can be called anger. It's supposed to pass quickly without the need to physically vent it out. I think this is the 'normal' way in which most people deal with the annoyances of life. If you get more angry/frustrated than that, there may be something else that you have potted up for too long. There must be a reason to be found for it - unless it's just plain old hormones having their way. In which case you perhaps will grow out of it yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:01 am 

:) I told you already, :? I don't get angry :x EVER. :evil: :lol:

Yes, I'm very slow to annoy. Just when I think I could lose my temper, I crack a stupid joke and laugh at myself. I guess my default demeanor is super-calm. If I'm a little vexed about whatever, I run or walk a few more miles. Exercise is vital, I agree. Proper diet helps the mood enormously, too.

PF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:35 am 
Site Admin

Juufa and Chopinman: Stress is a major factor as far as your health is concerned. Studies show that stress actually causes sickness and disease. My own sister is dealing with cancer right now which was no doubt brought on by the bad family situation she is currently dealing with. So you must try things like meditation or yoga, listening to soft music, playing piano, or just watch movies that will take your mind off of things. Pete's idea of running so as to work/sweat out your anger is good, also.

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:19 pm 

Just pray about it; Jesus will make it all better. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:45 pm 
Site Admin

PJF wrote:
Yes, I'm very slow to annoy. Just when I think I could lose my temper, I crack a stupid joke and laugh at myself.

I won't say I am slow to annoy, but being able to take the p*ss of myself does work wonders on occasion. I can sometimes have a hearty laugh at my own stupidity (and that of others, to be honest :lol: ).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next