Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:23 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Re: New Book/Music Project
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:02 pm 
Site Admin

That's a cute one, Riley! Nice job to you both! !

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:41 am 

Quote:
That's a cute one, Riley! Nice job to you both! !

Danke, Monica! I wasn't trying to make it cute, but if that's a side effect, so be it :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:29 pm 
Site Admin

Ok, here is my recording for your book. I did not upload it onto the site like we discussed, so it's just an attachment. I wasn't sure how you wanted me to send it to you, or if you want any other members to critique it in case it's not right. I think it's okay, though. I guess you will let me know.... :)

Happy Easter, again. For real this time! :wink:

EDIT: Sorry, Riley, I've changed my mind. After hearing this recording a couple hours after I made it, I'm not happy with it so I've taken it off. It's just so hard to get everything perfect, but I'll try for a better recording soon.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:27 pm 

Monica,

Thanks for making a recording. I wish I could hear it, but I look forward to whatever version you are happy with. I know you have such a high level of quality control, sometimes it makes me embarrassed just to submit the recordings I submit..

Happy Easter! That bunny graphic is cool! 8) I didn't receive (or eat) any Chocolate Easter Bunnies, or do any Easter Egg Hunts :lol: , but I met some friends and made a lot of progress in my novel. It is nearly finished. One last chapter to go :) And my kickstarter project is almost over, too. Not that it's anywhere close to its funding goal..

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:17 pm 
Site Admin

I was pretty good yesterday - only ate the ears off a chocolate bunny. But there are too many leftovers. I hope my son with the sweet tooth will hurry and eat it all so I don't have to see it. Too tempting!

That's nice that you are almost done with your book. I just have a slight problem....one of the legs fell off my piano (the one supporting the keyboard by the high notes) and now the piano is lying on its side (the high end of the keyboard is on the floor and the low end is pointing towards the ceiling). It still plays though, so I will try to make my new recording while I sit on the floor next to the keyboard and then lean way over sideways so I can play the keys. Pedaling might be a little hard because I'll have to lift my leg up pretty high in the air to reach the pedal (which is currently above my head when I'm sitting on the floor), but I think I will manage and should have the recording done in the next day or so.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:43 pm 

I hope you get your leg stuck back on again soon, and that your repairer makes a better job of it than after the last time it fell off. Wasn't that at about the same time of year? What a coincidence!

Meanwhile, enjoy your predicament while it lasts. It isn't often you can play one-handed scales and arpeggios which are ascending and descending at the same time.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:56 pm 
Site Admin

What? I can't possibly imagine what you are referring to.

But actually, I meant that the other leg fell off. The one at the end of the piano, so now my poor piano rests on the floor on the pointy end and the keyboard is way up high. I have to climb up a ladder to reach the keys. But I still think I will have no problem.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:42 pm 
Site Admin

Don't worry. Next year, the other leg will fall off and you can play it lying on the floor. After that you'll have to think of another April's Fool joke.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:04 pm 

pianolady wrote:
What? I can't possibly imagine what you are referring to.
I meant that when the keyboard is sloping the way you said, then if you play a sequence of notes which descends (towards the bass), it is at the same time ascending (because your fingers are going uphill), and vice versa.

Leglessness is often a sign of overindulging in alcohol. Did you spill some booze into the piano? You need to be more careful, especially when it's not used to it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:41 am 

Monica,

Quote:
I was pretty good yesterday - only ate the ears off a chocolate bunny. But there are too many leftovers. I hope my son with the sweet tooth will hurry and eat it all so I don't have to see it. Too tempting!

I am envious of you, as you say you have eaten part of a chocolate bunny. As fate would have it, March 31, I had nada!

Quote:
That's nice that you are almost done with your book. I just have a slight problem....one of the legs fell off my piano (the one supporting the keyboard by the high notes) and now the piano is lying on its side (the high end of the keyboard is on the floor and the low end is pointing towards the ceiling). It still plays though, so I will try to make my new recording while I sit on the floor next to the keyboard and then lean way over sideways so I can play the keys. Pedaling might be a little hard because I'll have to lift my leg up pretty high in the air to reach the pedal (which is currently above my head when I'm sitting on the floor), but I think I will manage and should have the recording done in the next day or so.

O Dear!! I am very sorry that a leg fell off your piano. Surely it isn't a case where the Piano leg cannot support the weight of the piano with the other two legs?! Well. Not to worry about the pedalling. If you can play it in this state (please don't if it causes you excessive stress) and.. I know this is asking a lot, but if you could post a picture of your piano, that would be most intriguing to see where the fracture is on the leg.

Quote:
Don't worry. Next year, the other leg will fall off and you can play it lying on the floor. After that you'll have to think of another April's Fool joke.

Oh, this is a joke? I do hope so!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:50 am 
Site Admin

Yes, Riley, it's an April Fool's joke. I'm laughing at myself....I do not remember playing the same joke last year. I'll have to be more creative next year.... :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:03 pm 

pianolady wrote:
I do not remember playing the same joke last year.
You didn't. That was two years ago. Last year I spun the story of PETROF being taken over by ONAI, remember?
Quote:
I'll have to be more creative next year.... :)
I'm looking forward to it already!

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:19 pm 

Dear forum friends,

I have created a new blog about this project:

[url]rptuck.wordpress.com[/url]

Enjoy a piece PIANIST WANTED posted today as well as a recording on it. Feel free to share this page with friends if you think it's worthy :)

Here is also a facebook page

[url]facebook.com/ultnovel[/url]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:55 pm 

Hi Forum Friends and Project Participants:

(that has a nice ring to it, eh?)

I present to you Cash's Pieces. These is the score for all of music I wrote on this project.

*Update*

The book is almost up on Amazon!

NOTE: This is kind of a load off my chest. I don't think I'm going to compose anything for a while after this... :)

Attachment:
Cashs_Pieces_CS.pdf [1.48 MiB]
Downloaded 101 times