Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:35 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: STORM - virtuosic solo piano
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:05 pm 

Hallo,

do you like a storm? I like it much, this piece mirrors the storminess as I feel it. I hope you will like it, its difficult to perform, but I didnt want to make compromises as also a storm make no :-)

Its in g-minor, over 3 minutes. Score will follow.

MP3 STORM-piano-virtuoso:
http://www.4shared.com/audio/iJuKv2yD/STORM-piano-virtuoso.html

anther, brighter grand:
http://www.4shared.com/audio/lxF6QuUc/STORM-piano-virtuoso_bright-grand.html

Nice greetings

P.

Post subject: Re: STORM - virtuosic solo piano
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:37 pm 

Hi Pukino777,

do you like a storm? I like it much, this piece mirrors the storminess as I feel it. I hope you will like it, its difficult to perform, but I didnt want to make compromises as also a storm make no

Its in g-minor, over 3 minutes. Score will follow.

You ask if I like a storm, yes. As to whether or not I liked your piece: what you have written here I think could be said to depict a storm in many ways. For some criticism however, I don't get the feeling that this piece successfully a story of a person out in the mountains and BOOM there is a triple forte thunderclap, which might make me feel more like a storm. You start the piece with a motif that is dissonant (storm~dissonant) but I am not sure what it is supposed to represent? Light rain?

Maybe it is simply that I have recently listened to the Call of the Dairy Maid of the Hardanger Suite by Tveitt. I love the slow tempo and the story telling of this composer.

Imagine- then I hear your piece and I must feel like classical musicians who admire Bach and Mozart hearing Shostakovitch for the first time!

I confess I hear a lack of a coherent theme that is restated. I haven't listened that carefully but the piece sounds through composed.

So I liked your piece with reservations. My advice is write more and study some slower pieces that stick more with a motif and repeat it as oppose to trying new things each line.

-Riley

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:29 pm 

Why not upload the mp3 file here?

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:43 pm 

I heard your storm.I imagine it's quite satisfactory for a composer to see people identifying something he/she put in a music.
I heard a storm amogst other things. It reminded me Beethoven's sonatas A LOT. For me, it has the image of the storm as one in a row of many images. But I confess I loved this masterpiece. It's simply wonderful. I'm glad I could be one of the listeners of this piece. Congratulations!