Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:18 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Rachmaninoff Prelude Op.32 No.12, G# minor
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:55 pm 
Hello! This is my first posting here, and first I will start by saying how incredibly pleased I am to have found this place. Piano is undoubtedly my first love and what I plan to make my career out of, and I look forward to getting to know you all here!

Here is my first submission--I certainly plan to submit more, but this is a start. I'm 17 now and I recorded this when I was 16, so I have improved a bit since then, but I'd love to know what you think. Eventually as I record more things I'd love to find a place on the site to share my work with you.

Rachmaninoff Prelude Op.32 No.12, G# minor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:53 pm 
Site Admin

Wow - very nice playing. Sounds like you will succeed in your career.
btw - Hello.

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

Post subject: First post
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:18 pm 

Terrific! You obviously are a very talented young person and have had very good training. You played this prelude with great sensitivity. Good dynamics. Congratulations on a job well-done for your first post. I hope to listen to many more posts from you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:25 pm 
Thank you both so very much for your comments!! You have no idea how much that all means to me. Thanks for taking the time to hear my recording, too. I am VERY inspired and I'm about to go practice some more right now :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:14 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome to the site ! An impressive debut, especially considering your ripe young age. The middle section could be a bit more fluent but otherwise really well played, with hardly a mistake. The only thing I need to pick on is your insertion of an extra beat on tha last page (third bar into the "meno mosso"). You have great talent. The piano sounds especially nice in the bass register. What is it ?

Yes we are looking forward to more of your repertoire. This one can go right up if you want, just provide some bio information and a photo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:22 pm 
I'm so entirely honored that you feel like my playing is good enough to be hosted here! Thank you so much for your comments. I looked through my Rachmaninoff score and you are certainly right about that extra beat. I will take care of that in the future--thank you for picking on that! By the way, my piano is a brown living-room grand Steinway. I was extremely lucky to get it--it used to belong to the deceased conductor of the Symphony here, and because my father is the concertmaster of that orchestra, we could get it at a reduced price. It's very sad, though, of course.

I've just finished writing my bio and such, and I will PM all the info to you if that is convenient for you! Thank you so much, again

EDIT: Oops - I didn't mean to bump this thread above your two new ones!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:39 pm 
Site Admin

ABodman. wrote:
I've just finished writing my bio and such, and I will PM all the info to you if that is convenient for you! Thank you so much, again

If you have a photo, better email it (cbreemer@hotmail.com) as you cannot attach to a PM.

ABodman. wrote:
EDIT: Oops - I didn't mean to bump this thread above your two new ones!

Naughty ! Obviously nobody's allowed to post anything after me :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:25 pm 
Site Admin

This one's up ! Good job.