Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:37 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Another J.S.Bach Allemande from French Suite No. 5 G major
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:43 pm 

OK, this is my first recording. Please be kind. I have only recently restarted playing after reading the fundamentals of piano practise book.

Stan

Last edited by s_winitsky on Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:20 pm 
Site Admin

The playing sounds pretty solid, but the atrocious sound quality makes it impossible to say much more than that... How on earth do you get so much hiss and distortion ? If you are serious about recording, and wonder about some reasonable quality and easy-to-use equipment, we can recommend the Edirol R-9 which a number of people use here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:11 am 

OK, this time I think I figured out how to creating a better recording, although I might of jumped the gun a bit on my musical interpretation.

I was listening through and I noticed a few tiny flubs. I also probably didn't always put the accent on the correct beat (esp. in the left hand.) I didn't think it was that bad. I was excited about being able to record properly. I used a cable that I bought at the dollar store to connect directly to my computer and recorded via audacity :)

If you guys think I need I will correct the minor flubs.

Stan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:10 pm 
Site Admin

Wow, that makes all the difference ! I thought there may have been some reading mistakes, or perhaps tiny flubs, but nothing to worry about really. What bothered me more is that it sounds a bit stressed, not calm and flowing as it should. It is solidly played but there is some unevennness of touch and some inadvert accents here and there. Surely a matter of getting more comfortable with the piece and thinking of the longer lines rather than the details (which should by then come automatically). Technically, you're all set to go. We can put this up the site if you want, it is more than adequate, but I would personally polish it a bit more, or at least make it sound more relaxed and even. A very good start nonetheless !